hospitals suck

Alex's P.O.V
Tic tok tic tok tic tok I watched the clock for what seemed like forever.

This is how I spent most of my days here in Saint Agnes Hospital where they specialize in cancer. My cancer. I was screwed beyond repair but my family kept on paying for treatments and taking me to the best doctors they could find. As you can tell my family didn't have any financial issues, sometimes being the 2nd richest family in Maryland became a bore to me. I couldn't go outside without someone kissing my ass and trying to get on the Gaskarth family's good side. But to be honest my family didn't have a good side. Their money has gotten to their head and they became utter assholes. The only one who wasn't like my parents was Tom. He was amazing. Simply amazing, he was my hero. When dad used to lash out and beat me, Tom was always there after our beatings even if he could barely move he always was there. Not until he had enough of my fathers bullshit. The only thing that came as outcome of this was Tom's suicide. That's when everyone listened. And turned to me. Out of everyone in the whole state of Maryland I was the chosen one to get a pity party. 5 years ago when the doctors detected my cancer only Tom knew. But after Tom killed himself I couldn't hide it anymore. I was losing weight fast. And my skin was getting paler, and the throw up. Oh that's the best part of all of this. It was blood. Straight out of my organs into a toilet that probably led to Disney Land for all I know. My parents found out blah blah blah and now I am stuck here in this hospital that I call home now. Since I know that I'm going to die sooner or later I just wanna die away from my parents. I got up from my usual seat next to the window and walked outside to the garden. I loved it here its where I came to sing. Since no one came down here because they either couldn't walk or they just didn't have enough energy to open one eye. As usual I climbed up the great big oak tree and sat on the thickest branch and looked at the scenery. Maryland looked so beautiful from up here. I was caught in a daze when I heard someone walking by singing a tune that I can recognize anywhere.

"She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak

I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks

I've been drawn into your magnet tar-pit trap

I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black." The beautiful voice sang. I thought it was time for me to make my entrance so I jumped down the branch I was on and continued singing Heart Shaped Box.

"Hey wait

I got a be complaint

Forever in debt to your

Priceless advice

Hey wait I've got a new complaint

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Your advice" I finished with one of my famous smiles and stared at the very frightened young man as he carefully studied me.

"Hello my name is Alexander William Gaskarth but I prefer Alex or Lex." I said as I suspended my hand in the air.

"It's a pleasure, I'm Jack Bassam Barakat, you can call me Jack. Jacky whatever it doesn't matter." Said Jack Bara-?! JACK BARAKAT. JACK BASSAM BARAKAT. His family is the richest in Maryland next to mine D:

I'm going to die (no pun intended). No one has ever seen a Barakat child not in a painting or a photograph. Nada. He looked a lot like his father. And he had his mothers eyes though. They were beautiful. Oh did I forget to say that I liked Penis? Oh yea that's why my father would beat me. Ahh fatherly love <3

"So who did you come to visit Mr.Barakat." Jack just stared at me and erupted in a fit of laughter with cute little snorts in each laugh.

"Oh I'm not visiting anyone silly, I have been permanently placed here thanks to lung cancer." Said jack trying to hold back his laughter. "Oh well I'm sorry about that." I said solemnly.