Early Meetings

Gaskbarf~ okay but who decides the next gay icon & why does the Internet want the crown on a representation of grief & depression or a fucking murder clown thing

JonZombie~ because the Internet is fucking weird

PuppyRoss~ you know who the real gay icon is?

Beebobaggins~ RuPaul?

PuppyRoss~ nothing but respect for MY president

Patrick yawned as he sat with Natasha on the couch. The toddler was snuggled against him holding onto an arm that Patrick had wrapped around her. A Disney movie played on the screen, but Patrick couldn't remember which one it was. They had been watching them since Ryan had left. One after the other while Patrick sang along to make Natasha giggle. He was sure she had to be nodding off in his arms, but he could feel himself nodding off as well.

Patrick hummed as he shut his eyes, barely catching the tune that played on the speakers. It sounded familiar, but he was just so tired from watching Natasha.

Natasha hiccupped, but quickly fell into a soft pattern of breathing.

"Sleep tight..." Patrick mumbled. He was almost out himself when he heard keys jingling at the door. "Meme?" Patrick called out tiredly.

He was greeted by a rather loud shush from Pete. His footsteps thudded across the floor before Patrick felt fingers in his hair. "Hey, Punk."

"Where were you?.." The question came out as a whisper. He was already drifting back to the near sleep he had been in before Pete had opened the door.

"S'okay." Pete patted Patrick's head. "Goodnight."

Patrick hummed. He could hear fading footsteps just before he slipped into slumber.

The next morning, Patrick was awoken by Natasha tapping his nose with her palm. He inhaled a breath before opening his eyes.

"Good morning." He smiled at her as she waved timidly. He yawned before rubbing his eyes. "Meme?" He called out. He had heard his husband come in last night, right? Or had that been a dream? "Pete?"

Patrick pushed himself up with a second yawn. The television flashed with the menu for Treasure Planet. On the floor, Natasha had moved on from tapping Patrick's nose to lifting and dropping the stuffed animals that were scattered around the room. When she lifted a pound puppy, she squealed with delight. She dropped the puppy to her side and bent down to pick up a green sippy cup. She made an "uuh!" sound as she straightened and shook her cup.

"More juice?" Patrick asked.

"Uuh!"

"Alright!" He laughed. He rose from the couch and crossed the room. He took the cup from Natasha and made his way to the kitchen.

He washed out Natasha's cup and set it on the counter. He was reaching for the fridge when he noticed a note being held up by a small, volcano magnet.

Early meeting. Be back soon Punk

Patrick frowned. Early meeting? Patrick didn't even know his husband had any meetings at all.

"Ah!"

"I'm almost done!" Patrick shook his head. He opened the fridge and pulled out the milk. As he moved back to where her cup was, he considered what to do with the day.

The record shop was closed for renovations, leaving things to be managed relatively simply online. Pete was out for who knows how long...

"Feel like going to visit some friends?" Patrick asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He smiled as he swiped through his contacts.