Chapter 3 | into bed

Sebastian was off puting Ciel to bed and the servants were all winding down and getting ready for bed too. Grell was going through her stuff looking for her pyjamas.

"The bathroom is down the hall, if you're sleeping in my bed I'd prefer you take a bath, I don't like any germs in my bed" Sebastian said.

"Ok? Well I'll see you soon then..."

Grell grabbed her bag and wandered down the hall to the bathroom, locking the door behind her. She threw off her shoes and turned on the taps for the bath.

"Bassy's been awfully quiet ever since dinner... I wonder why..." she mumbled to herself.

She took off her jacket and waistcoat, folding them up and putting them in her bag. She pulled the ribbon from around her neck and used it to tie up her hair. Then off came the socks, shirt, pants and corset ect. She slipped into the warm bath and leaned against the side of it.

"Part of me wants this night to end with a sweet love story and the rest wants a hot love affair..." she mumbled to herself.

She quickly finished up her bath and slipped on a red (obviously) nightgown. She stuffed her stuff into her bag and wandered back down the hall to Sebastians room.

She quietly entered and put her bag down on the desk. Sebastian had changed out of his suit and into suitable nightwear, in other words black pyjamas.

"Alright then, let's get this over with" Sebastian said.

He pulled back the blankets and slipped under. Grell walked over and slid under too, placing her glasses on the bed side table. Sebastian blew out the candle that lit up the room and turned to lay facing away form the reaper.

"Goodnight" he said.

"G-goodnight..." Grell replied, turning to face away from him so they were back to back awkwardly.

She did wish Sebastian wasn't so cold... his tone sounded really fed up with her and the situation he was in. He was clearly not enjoying this. This saddened the reaper a little, not to the point of tears, but knowing that Sebastian didn't want to be near her was quite harsh.

The demon instantly picked up on Grells suddenly sad aura. Although the flamboyant reaper was a little insane, Sebastian felt... bad for her. She's lost the red sting of fate a long time ago, her heart had been attached to way to many, she'd lost her way on her hunt for love.

The demon turned to face Grells back. He tapped her on the shoulder, making her turn to face him through the darkness.

"Your aura is all sad, isn't this what you wanted?" Sebastian asked.

"Well... yes, but-"

"But what?"

"It doesn't feel right when you're not enjoying it with me..." the reaper said.

The demon suddenly felt pity, seeing her aura drop again.

"Grell... this was an order from my master I must follow, if it's an order it must stay professional"

Her aura got darker.

"I see..."

"But. He doesn't need to know when it gets unprofessional"

With those worlds the butler bought the reaper into his arms and held her close to him, making the usually flamboyant and flirty reaper freeze.

Yes she had wanted this, but she never thought it would happen. She slipped her arms around Sebastian and buried her face into his chest.

"You know Grell, you should start showing up when my master isn't around... then I wouldn't have to act so professional" Sebastian said.

Grell looked up at Sebastian who smiled down at her.

"What are you saying?"

"That my contract gets in the way of our love. Rest assured that when this contact is over, I'll fall into your clutches"

"So you-"

"Shhh... you came here to sleep, now do so, just let yourself fall into slumber"

"B-but-"

"Shhh. Go to sleep"

Sebastian ran his fingers through her long red hair, soothing her and making her feel drowsy. Before you could say 'death' the red reaper had fallen asleep in her lovers arms. The first time she'd slept properly in months.

"Goodnight, my kitten"