Happiness And Hatred

Happiness ran through the trees towards the clearing ahead. He had been told that when Life had high stress levels, he would sense it. It had never happened before, but now he was feeling something he never had. Hatred groaned behind him, oh yeah he was dragging Hatred along, "Why do we have to help Life? Isn't she one of the higher gods, the ones that think they're better than us?"

Happiness kept running as fast as he could. Hatreds attitude wouldn't get him to stop so easily. If it did then he wouldn't be doing anything most of the time. Like Hatred. That's why he had to drag her around everywhere. He looked back at her, "The first part is true, yes. But Life needs back up sometimes! Just-" Happiness ran straight into a tree.

Hatred pulled her hand away as Happiness backed up from the tree, "And we're literally pre-teens in god years! She's like, I don't know, a hundred in god years!"

"Twenty-four," Happiness corrected.

"Whatever! I'm getting out of here," Hatred turned to where they came from. She didn't like doing anything and most certainly did not like the high and mighty gods. She was almost as powerful and influential as Death himself after all.

Happiness grabbed Hatreds hand, making her turn to look at him. She glared as Happiness had a heart warming smile, "If we help Life, she won't just see us as little in training gods," Happiness knew she didn't see them as that, but Hatred always questioned everything nice.

Hatred groaned once again, "Fine!"