Dazzling & Damaged

Chapter Thirty Two

~Teegan's POV~

"Ugh!" I threw my bag on the couch, then myself right after. School today was exhausting.

Zander walked in front of me and lifted my head up, sitting down, then placing my head in his lap.

"You alright, love?"

I looked into his electrifying green eyes and gave a sheepish smile. "I've been thinking..." I paused when he rolled his eyes, "That's dangerous." He joked, earning a nice slap on the forehead, "Shut up. Anyways, you've never taken me on a date." I accusingly tilted my head.

He barked out a throaty laugh, "Things have been pretty hectic for us since.. Well.. Since day one." He stated, making me giggle, "True, but no more excuses. You need to take me on a date! Even Jaxton is beating you! And he's a socially awkward jerk!" I sat up, looking at him with mock agony.

He put his hand over his chest and gasped at me, "I am wounded! I better get my act together - Be ready by seven. I'll be back to pick you up!" He exclaimed, pecking me on the forehead before jumping up and leaving. Not bothering in grabbing his bag or jacket.

"Well bye." I sarcastically waved at the closed door.

I stayed on the couch for a few minutes, just thinking. Is now really a good time to go on a date? Should I even be out enjoying myself when we have so much to deal with?

You know what, I deserve this. I should have some happy time. I'm going on that date and I'm going to enjoy myself.

I jumped up and hollered for Vi while I head upstairs.

"My room!" She hollered. I went to her room and let myself in, "You're in charge of the kids tonight. Zander's talking me out!" I exclaimed, looking at her.

She's in athletic shorts and a tank top, sitting on her bed with her back against the wall and with a very content looking Jaxton laying on her lap.

She gave me a toothy grin, "That's great, Tee! Where to?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "No idea. All he told me was to be ready by seven."

She looked down at her phone, "Well, it's four twenty three, so you have plenty of time." She assured me. I rolled my eyes, of course I knew that.

"We can take the kids to the fair, tonight?" Jaxton suggested, looking between Violet and I. "That sounds fun! But ask Tee, she's the one who just won guardianship of them!" Violet winked at me.

She's been using every opportunity she can find to make a little joke about how I got guardianship of Mikey and Iris. As if I just gave birth to them myself. I feel like most of it is simply because she's happy we're not losing them.

I nodded, "Sounds festive! Take a bunch of pictures!" I turned to leave, but paused and looked over my shoulder, "Oh, and Vi? Don't touch my trust money." I jokingly narrowed my eyes. She gave a mock salute and a little chuckle.

So much stress has been lifted from my shoulder since I was granted guardianship and all of the money and the estate mother left me was processed. I can easily take care of my family, now.

Clearing my head of those thought, I got in the preparation mindset. It's time to get dolled up.

I placed my phone on my speaker and played my eighties rock music station on Pandora. Turning it up fairly loud, I went to my bathroom and fetched myself a nice shower. After shaving and washing, I turned off the tap and rung my hair out, trying to get as much of the water out as possible.