1

my eyes wandered slowly across the café as a very tall and handsome boy sat down. who looked to be about 17, too old for me. but still, he was interesting. i watched as he quietly sipped his coffee. his eyes were green, his face pale but filled with light. his eyes wandered around the lonely shop, only to meet with mine.

i jumped and covered my face with a menu. his chuckle echoed the empty walls. i blushed and kept my face blocked. "honey?" i heard my mom say, who was sitting in front of me. i jumped and looked to her. "yes?" i asked annoyed. "i have to go to the restroom, stay here. don't move a muscle, i'll be right back" she patted my back and made her way to the bathroom. i sighed and turned back around. the boy was sitting in front of me. "oh god!" i yelled. practically falling out of my chair. "you ok?" he smirked and arched his brow. my heart fluttered. "y-yeah i'm ok" i laughed, settling back into my seat. "i'm jonah" he said. holding his hand out across the table. i took his hand and shook it slowly. and i'm 15. "i'm skylar" my voice was shaking. "skylar moore" i followed. "nice to meet you skylar" his eyes scanned me up and down. i blushed and fidgeted in my seat. "you too" i said, laughing awkwardly. hoping my mom wouldn't walk out.

why does he have to be so darn cute.

"how old are you?" i asked hesitantly. my heart was racing. "why?" he laughed. i didn't answer. "i'm 20". my eyes widened and my stomach dropped to my feet. "you?" he followed. "um i-i'm 19" i smiled, my bottom lip trembling.

"oh cool" he smirked.

his hand moved over the glasses on my table and grabbed a napkin, then a pen out of his pocket. my eyebrows furrowed as i watched him move the pen. "here you go" he said slipping the napkin into my hand. i held it tight and watched as he got up. "i better get going" he said, pointing behind me. i looked back, my mom was finally out of the restroom. i then swung back around to see him gone.

what have i done?

she slowly came back around and sat in the chair. "sorry i took so long honey, there was a pretty long line." she giggled and rested her hands on the cold table. "um.. speaking of. may i use the restroom" my finger pointed behind me. "be my guest" she said waving her hands.

i stumbled to the bathroom and entered an empty stall. the napkin was now damp from my sweat. i carefully unfolded it. it was his number, with a little note on it. it read, "hey cutie, text me sometime. i want to get to know you better" signed with a winky face. my legs and hands trembled. i folded the napkin and stuck it back in my pocket, then walked out of the restroom. my mom was upfront waiting for me.

"let's go sweetie!"

"coming!" i yelled rushing out of the door and into the car. my eyes moved as i tried to follow the trees and people that raced by. we finally got home after a few taylor swift songs and a refill on gas. i trailed up to my room and opened up my computer. i wish i didn't have to do so much work. i am homeschooled so i don't have to leave the house often, but there is still so much to be done.

after a few hours of algebra and history, i got a shower and then jumped in bed. the only thing on my mind was jonah.