Chapter 25 - Unsettled

"Yoongi? What the hell –"

I grabbed his arm before he could get past me. His face was covered in blood and dirt, his shirt and jeans were torn.

"What happened?" I asked.

He pulled his arm away and shrugged. "Cut myself shaving."

"Dammit, Yoongi, answer the question."

He puffed up his cheeks before blowing out air. "You won't like the answer."

"I hated the question."

His weight shifted to one leg as he dropped his head to the side. "I snuck your brother's girlfriend out to the festival."

"You did what?"

"Someone grabbed her while we were there. I jumped in. Here's the result."

He pointed to his face, grinning. After dropping his smile, he flicked dried blood off his cheek.

I opened my mouth.

"Don't worry about Y/N." he cut in. "She's okay. A little scratched up, but she's tough."

I hissed through my teeth. "Why would you do that?"

"Hey, you think she likes being stuck in this castle with you guys?" he replied, suddenly defensive. "She's been constantly pranked by Jungkook, yelled at by Hoseok, and you're not exactly Prince Charming either. I just wanted her to enjoy something for once."

I wasn't going to admit it out loud, but he was right. Y/N had been miserable the entire time she was here. The only time she even smiled in front of me was at Jimin's birthday party. I couldn't blame him for wanting to make her smile. Hell, I was half annoyed that I didn't think of it first.

Wait. What was I thinking?

"It's completely out of line." I said. "You know that."

He shrugged. "It's what I do."

I didn't like that smirk of his. It was like Jungkook's smirk when he felt like he had the upper hand in something.

He turned to leave.

"Speaking of which," I said. "I've been hearing some interesting news about you recently."

He stopped. "Yeah? What about?"

"Heard about some old friends of yours. From Daegu."

He slowly turned, his arrogant smirk forming into a flat line. His eyes went through me. 

But he couldn't intimidate me the way he wanted. This was my territory.

"You wouldn't happen to know the people that attacked Y/N would you?"

He looked to the side and then back to me. "I didn't get a good look at their faces."

Liar.

I stepped in, closing the distance between us and staring straight into his face. "If anything happens to her, Yoongi, I won't forgive it."

His eyes widened, then snapped into a thin line as he started laughing. "Why, I've never seen such a threat come out of the great Namjoon before. I've never seen the lines in your face twist in that kind of way." He cocked his head to the side. "Why the sudden interest in the girl?"