epilouge ⇢ no, absolutley not

You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you may think.❞
- A. A Milne

•••

Dedicated to hannaiyx ! I can't believe I haven't dedicated a chapter to you before because you are soo active and you've read pretty much all my stories– for that, THANK YOU XX

Johnny is now aged 19,
& Mackenzie is 18.

•••

Johnny Orlando

•••

"And the last girl to be graduating Highland Girls School is... Mackenzie Ziegler!" Mackenzie's principal announces, smiling at her as she walks across the stage. Taking her plaque and certificate, she heads to the end of the line, eyes searching the crowd.

Today she looks absolutely stunning; dressed in a black playsuit that has elegant sleeves and red heels that twist and tie around her ankle. When she notices me in the back row, she positively starts beaming at me. I wasn't going to be able to make it because of all my training to be a doctor, but I twisted a few strings and it's definitely worth it.

I haven't seen her in a few days, as we live on opposite sides of town now, so I'm happy to see her healthy. Scratch that– she's absolutely radiating happiness.

When they've finished taking photos and successfully threw their hats in the air, Mackenzie goes rushing off the stage to come meet me. I weave through the buzzing crowd, a smile transforming my expression. With her hair flying out behind her, I see her coming and open my arms, laughter bubbling up from inside of me as well.

"I did it!" She yells victoriously when she's a few steps away from me. "I graduated!"

It's now that she launches herself into my arms, smiling like the cat that got the cream. I hold her waist, rocking her back and forth. She's nowhere near as tall as me now, even in heels, and I sigh in admiration at all the skin her dress shows.

"I'm very proud of you." I grin, lifting her up a little. She begins to shriek, blushing.

"Put me down!" She giggles, eyes alight. "How'd you manage to get here anyway?"

"I pulled a few strings." I smile, and immediately she gives me a stern look.

"What did I tell you about missing class for me?"

"You said not to do it." I say cheerfully. "But I care about your happiness more than my career most of the time, sooo..."

I watch the look in her eyes transform, and know that I'm off the hook. A few seconds of silence pass, and I take this opportunity to brush my lips with hers. She kisses back, but we both pull away after a while because we know we're in a public place.

"Are you free to go home?" I ask her, eyes dancing.

"Yeah. But we have to walk, and I'm tired." She sighs. "And these heels may look nice, but they sure as hell aren't comfortable."

"I caught the bus here, we can catch that home. Although, the bus stop is a while away..." I trail off, thinking.

"No– absolutely not!" She giggles, catching on to my thoughts.