"I'm happy"

"Yuuichi-senpai !"

She rushed down the stairs, jumping to the last two steps, winning a few angry looks from the various people waiting for their turns. Not even a single look in their direction.

"Yuu-i-chi-sen-pai ! Ah, where else did he put himself in ?" She grumbled as she walked out the front door.

She stopped at the edge of the steps, her hands on her hips, clearly annoyed.

"He's not even in the hospital park..."

The young lady pouted, at once irritated and disappointed. And while she was planning to go back to take her bag - who had stayed in his room - this coveted voice popped up behind her.

"Yuuka, I'm here".

She turned, and with a big smile she found the guilty one of all her anxiety... and of her joy.

"Tsurugi Yuuichi ! I don't want you disappear any more !" The teenager suddenly exclaimed, her finger on Yuuichi's forehead, both grimacing and grinning at her exaggerated reaction.

"Sorry, Yuuka. I didn't tell you, but I had exams to do".

"Really ?"

" Yes".

"Didn't you try to escape ?"

"To escape ?"

"Hum... I'm keeping an eye on you, Tsurugi Yuuichi", Yuuka whispered, stepping back, staring at him as if he had just been assigned as the number one culprit of a committed crime.

He blinked, before chuckling in spite of himself. Yuuka's cheeks flushed. She watched the young man laugh heartily, this vision warming her own.

"I will not forget that", Yuuichi replied, wiping tears of laughter from the corner of his eyes, smiling at the high school girl who had not moved a bit for two good minutes.

Yuuka blinked at her turn, then finally sighed, turning back to him, arms folded against her chest, still as red as a tomato.

"You'd better".

Yuuichi smiled tenderly.

"Would you like to accompany me to the hospital park ? It's been a long time since we walked together", the young man suddenly said, slowly advancing with his wheelchair, being careful not to get too close to the steps of the stairs, for fear of falling.

" Yes... Yes of course !" Yuuka said happily. She had obviously never told him, but Yuuka loved to walk with him, and talk about everything and nothing. Sometimes it was really disturbing when she thought how well she felt in his company...

And by seeing his smile, he seemed just as happy as she was. Yuuka smiled in spite of herself, and sighed.

"Come on, my dear patient. A great health walk, and you'll soon be on your feet !"

"Why do you say something like that ?" Yuuichi asked, amused by this unexpected sentence.

"I always dreamed of saying something like this, to be honest".

She took control of his wheelchair, and went down the slope as Yuuichi scoffed again.

"I don't know what you have today to laugh like that, but I feel like it's going to end badly", she mumbled, falsely annoyed.

"You always put me in such a good mood, Yuuka".

Yuuka thought her legs would abandon her in the middle of the road. Her heart pounding hard against her chest, she tightened her grip on the wheelchair, swallowing discreetly.