29- Passed out, Cold.

***FINN'S P.O.V***

"What the?" Finn asks, sure that an ice cube just landed on him. "What was that?"

Asher is the one to reply in confusion. "What was what?"

"Do either of you have cold water? Because I'm sure I just felt something cold on me." Finn responds, rubbing his arm where the strange object just grazed him.

   "No." Asher tells Finn, his voice low. "Why would you even think that?"

   Finn flushes. "I don't know... I just thought something cold touched me..."

   "Yeah, the cold hand of fate saying it's coming to get you." Asher jokes, but Finn doesn't laugh.

   "Not funny." Finn shifts his weight, still rubbing the spot. Even after it goes silent, the air remains stiff, as if something is wrong, so he presses on. "You're saying you have nothing cold?"

Finn can practically sense that Asher is rolling his eyes as he replies. "No, idiot. Why would I have something cold? And why would I be holding it if I did? That would just make me colder."

"Okay." Finn mumbles. Another second of silence reaches them, yet he can't stand the eerie mood settled around him. "Then, what touched me?"

Asher says, "If you don't shut up-"

"Elizabeth?" Finn questions, curious as to why she hasn't answered any of his comments. He disregards Asher, knowing he doesn't give a crap about the mood Finn notes in the atmosphere around them.

When he gets no answer, Finn's gut twists strangely. "Elizabeth?"

Asher clears his throat, the sound unnerving. "Elizabeth, why aren't you answering?"

Seconds later, Finn hears someone shifting in a hurry. At first, he thinks the noise is Elizabeth moving to them, maybe to laugh beside them and tell them how she'd tricked them good, but his hopes are diminished when Asher speaks. "Where are you, Elizabeth?"

He's searching for her. Finn rises, willing to help out. Knowing which direction she tapped him from, he moves that way, and soon enough his shoe rubs against something soft. His heart in his throat and his nerves yelling at him to fear the worst, he bends over and extends his hands. His fingers brush against something extremely cold, so he yanks his hand back. "Found her. Found her over here, Asher."

Asher must move in the direction of his voice because within seconds he says from somewhere below Finn, "Shit. She's passed out, cold. And I don't mean that as a joke."

***SAM'S P.O.V***

"The cops say they have figured out a way to get the power back on. It'll only be minutes now." Hearing these statements from Hanes still doesn't relieve Sam from any tied up nerves, worry, or fear. He keeps his arms crossed over his chest, his hands digging into his own arms harshly. Doing so only relieves some of the anger he's going through. How could this happen?

Sam is in the corner, but as soon as Hanes leaves him Natalie joins him so that he is not alone. Gently and secretively, she moves a comforting hand in circles on his rigid back. The action should undo all of his pumping adrenaline or at least allow him to stop balling his fists, yet her hand on his back only helps him mentally. He murmurs, "Thanks."

Natalie nods, and in the dim light Sam can spot her pretty hair bobbing up and down. "She'll be out soon."

Sam nods, taking in the information and attempting to process it. "Yeah."

"She will." Natalie confirms, her hand so warm.

"She will." Sam answers. His own firm tone surprises him, and finally he can release the tightness in his fists. Planting a compassionate kiss on the top of her head, he says, "Thank you, again."