Chapter 2

this is the 2nd chapter! :)) hehehe

this chapter is in Jem's POV. hope you like it!

----------

Chapter 2

-- Jem's POV --

"Hello, girls," Simon's deep voice shattered the silence. All of us snapped out of it and stood straighter.

I smiled at Simon. "Hello, Simon," I said happily. "It's been a long time."

"Yes, yes," Simon said quietly and gestured to the five vacant seats in front of him. "Take a seat."

We scrambled to our seats, facing the boys.. err, One Direction and forming an aisle in between. The boys were staring at us silently, scrutinizing us. We did the same. They've changed a lot after 2 years.

"You guys do know each other," Simon said skeptically. All of us nodded and he smiled. "Okay so listen up. Both of your bands are the biggest hits these days. And with that, everyone thinks The Rewind and One Direction are... unfriendly." He said the last word a bit curtly.

I tensed and glanced at my best friends who were looking uneasy too. Shelly was biting her nails, which she had promised to stop doing. Dani was twiddling her fingers. Athea was biting her lip. I was biting my lip too. Chela, however, looked quite composed but her eyes showed that she was nervous.

Simon knew very well of our bad blood with One Direction. I did like them at first. They were friendly enough. But something happened though. It was too much and our little friendship with the seemingly sweet boys ended. What is Simon doing by bringing our bands together?

All of us were squirming in our seats and Simon cleared his throat. "Bottomline is, I don't want everyone to think that. I want everyone to think you have a healthy friendship between your bands."

"What do you mean?" Liam spoke up.

"Are we going to have to hang out together or something?" Dani asked a little uneasily.

"Okay," Simon said quietly. "Since Danielle already brought it up, I think it would be better for you guys to hang out more, be seen by the public eye together."

After Simon said it, the reactions were instantanious. All of us were protesting at the same time.

"NO WAY!"

"We don't want to associate with those boys!"

"I don't care if it's fake! We don't want to hang out with them!"

All of us continued ranting about it until we all died down and an eerie silent settled on us. Simon was pinching his nose in irritation.

"Are you done now?" Simon snapped.

"Yes," we chorused.

Simon grunted. "Good. Now-"

Then Niall, who's been silent the whole time, raised his hand slowly, as if he was scared to do so. All of us stared at him. Some of the girls narrowed their eyes. Niall pursed his lip. Simon raised an eyebrow at him and sighed exasperatedly, as if he was somehow tired of Niall's suggestions.

"Yes, Niall?" he droned. Niall cleared his throat and ruffled his bleached blonde hair nervously.

"I-I think it's a wonderful idea," he said quietly in his thick Irish accent and shrank into his seat a bit more. He glanced at all of us in the room nervously and he seemed to linger on one member of our band. In a squeakier voice, he continued, "I mean, it would be better for both our bands to, you know, work things out. This is a great opportu...nity." He trailed off when our band and his bandmates glared at him. Except for Liam who was smiling to himself.