Chapter One- July 1991

At first Aria stared at this stranger. He had long black hair and a young looking face. He was smiling and seemed to be studying her face. Soon his face broke out in a grin. They both instinctively looked down at where their hands were touching. It was on the Mercyful Fate album "Don't Break the Oath".

"Hey you like Mercyful Fate?" The stranger asked.

"Yeah, is that weird?" Aria said arching her eyebrow.

"Not many girls I meet enjoy the same things I do. My name is Gylve but you can call me Fenriz." Fenriz said extending his hand.

"Aria," Aria said shaking his hand.

After meeting at the record store and chatting about their shared interest, they both exchanged phone numbers.

Aria was very attracted to the man named Fenriz. He had large and beautiful blue eyes, smooth pale skin, and a charming smile. She was a little reluctant to call him. She didn't want to get to know him, fall in love, and have him leave her. Every relationship she had went that exact same way. It was a little strange to find someone that shares similar music taste. The only other person was her friend Yvette. Aria went to go visit Yvette to ask for her opinion.

Aria knocked on Yvette's door and her brother answered the door.

"What do you want Aria?" Kristian asked.

"Well for your information I'm here to see your sister." Aria huffed pushing past him into the house.

"Dick," she whispered under her breath.

"Yvette," Aria called walking up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Yeah I'm in here," Yvette said from the guest room.

"Why is your douche bag brother here?" Aria asked.

"I couldn't let him live here anymore. He is such an asshole and I told him he has to get out. He said he knows some people in Oslo he can live with. He is being even dumber and his racism is worse.  I didn't even think that was possible." Yvette explained.

"Of course it is. I did have something interesting happen to me earlier today. I met someone." Aria exclaimed.

"Oh and your having doubts aren't you?" Yvette asked.

"Exactly but we both reached for the same album. When I looked up, I wasn't expecting the face I saw in front of me. I hardly ever see attractive men with the same taste as me. At least not in this small town. He gave me his number; do you think I should call him?" Aria inquired.

"Definitely. I can go with you if you meet him if you're nervous." Yvette offered.

Aria walked to Yvette's room and grabbed the phone receiver from the bedside table. With a slightly trembling hand, she picked it up and dialed Fenriz's number.

"Hey Fenriz, its Aria. I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with my friend Yvette and me." Aria asked.

"Sure I'm actually having a small get together tonight if you'd like to come by?" He asked.

"That sounds great." Aria answered.

Fenriz gave her the address and they said a quick goodbye. Aria hung up the phone actually feeling a bit calmer. Talking to him was so easy and it made her smile hearing his voice. She walked out of the room. She heard Yvette and Kristian arguing and then the slamming of the front door.

"Oh is the devil finally gone?" Aria asked.

"Yes so how did it go?" Yvette asked.

"Great he's having a small get together and he invited us. I actually feel a little better about meeting this guy." Aria said.

"Of course, come with me. We have to get you dressed." Yvette bubbled.

She grabbed Aria's hand and dragged her up the stairs.