Reluctant Knight & the Swan Princess

Draco said nothing as his parents stared at him.

"I don't see why they can't let the girl stay there," Narcissa sighed.

"I wouldn't be so surprised if they kicked her out on their own because of her insufferableness." Lucius replied in turn- quite mimicking his son's thoughts from earlier. Neither was comfortable with the idea of their only son going to the faerie world alone, to rescue someone that none of them frankly cared enough about.

"I simply don't understand why they would kidnap Hermione Granger in the first place?"

This time it was Draco's turn to sigh. "It wasn't so much kidnapping as it was... imprisonment. And-" Draco casted a spell to show them the picture Harry Potter had given him.

His mother's eyes widened much like his had. The woman in the picture of course bore a resemblance to the Hermione Granger they knew but... that version was but a child and this version was an adult in every way. Square boyish curves had rounded to maturity. Her wild hair had been tamed. Soft honey brown curls framed a delicate face which had lost all of its baby fat with cheeks bones that were high yet full, making her mature but still youthful. Ruby red lips were the only trace of visible makeup as her face was perfectly smooth and blemish free. The Malfoy Family was silent as they realized that Hermione Granger had turned into a swan.

-!-!-

"So what is the plan to get Granger back?"

Harry looked at his colleague who had the most expertise with fae.

"Time in the fae world moves much slower than it does in ours." The man explained.

"Yes," Draco said not impressed.

"Tomorrow, we will need you to go into the fae court- there you will have a week in our time, two days in theirs to find Hermione Granger. We will give you an object before you go that will come alive with a countdown to All Hallow's Eve."

Draco sat up. So that was their plan...

"At All Hallow's Eve, that is when the veil-"

Draco waved him off. "I know okay, I'm not stupid."

The man ignored him. "Weakest between the two worlds. Unfortunately none can enter the fae world but those already there may leave, even the lesser fae who have not enough magic to make a path to our world. The object we will give you will also indicate to you by when the barrier will strengthen once more. Before then, you need to get Hermione Granger across the barrier, where we will wait."

"Well what if the fae try to stop us?" Draco asked.

"We will do our best from this side to prevent any fae from our side from going back through and interfering." Harry said.

"But I'm basically on my own." Draco said dryly.

"Unfortunately yes," The other man nodded, not quite in the same optimistic mood as Harry Potter.

Draco frowned.

"If you can find Hermione's wand- she'll be able to fight with you."

Draco's brows rose. How did they know Granger did not have her wand?

Harry blushed. "We had a spy lesser fae go and scope things out for us. Unfortunately he has now been banned."

"No loss on his part, I'm sure." Draco muttered. "Why the bloody hell did they decide to keep Hermione Granger anyway? I'm surprised they haven't found her to be so insufferable that they gave her back on their own bloody accord!"