Chapter 1-Preview

A/N:This is just a little chunk, it's possible it will change later. Enjoy! Check the profile supernaturaljonky  for another POV for the story! 

 Everything was wonderful. No one cared if Naran was a little late to dinner. He had pretty much been given freedom to do whatever he wanted. Until, that is, his mother started getting sick. They didn't think much of it at first. How could anything bad happen to her? She'd always been the picture of perfect health. Naran just didn't notice the signs until she was bedridden. At that point, he became worried. His dad would never be able to fill that slot, so he desperately hoped she would recover.

Naran would come home earlier than usual, and immediately go to her bedside, asking, "Mommy, are you feeling better?"

Her usual response would be, "Not yet, darling, but soon."

The little harlot. She lied to him.

Near harvest time, he got home, and asked as usual, "Mommy, are you feeling better?"

This time, she replied, "Go find your brother. Now."

Naran immediately turned, and ran for the woods, screaming his brother's name.

"Yooko! Yoookoo!"

Finally, he burst into a clearing, startling a deer. "Yooko. . ." He panted.

Yooko stood up from his hiding place in the bushes and glared at Naran. "What do you-" He broke off when he saw Naran's red face and wide eyes.

"Mother. . ." Naran gasped, short of breath.

Yooko bolted, heading from home, and Naran followed, his lungs on fire.

When they made it back, she was barely even there anymore. Their father gently shook her shoulder, and said, "Wake up. They're here."

Naran stopped in the doorway, staring at his mother's immobile form. He stared at her, hardly even breathing.

His blood was pounding in his ears so loudly, he only barely heard his mother say to Yooko, "Take good care of your brother after I'm gone," She coughed. "He'll need you, and you'll need him too."

She had no idea how right she really was.