{5} Rewritten

Yes its a short chapter but the next one will be longer and in more detail, think of it as a filler chapter.

-Jordan

"Zatanna Zatara I'm going to break through this door if you don't hurry your ass up!" My voice loudens before the door is opened to reveal Zatanna with her hair wrapped in a towel and changed in her outfit for the day.

"Calm down Artemis, your the one that's up early for once," She walks past me to her room which is the last one down the hallway.

"Diana would be proud of me!" I yell before turning to the bathroom and looking at myself in the mirror, making a fake gag sounds before grabbing a brush and trying to tame my mane.

After around ten minutes, I finish in the bathroom and change into my clothes for the day. A white Tee and a pair of ripped shorts, walking down the stairs and finding everyone sitting around the TV.

The smell of breakfast hits me like a truck, turning to the kitchen and grabbing myself a plate of pancakes.

"Hey Arty," Wally says behind me as I'm a little shaken, almost dropping my plate of holy pancakes.

"You almost made me drop my pancakes!" I exclaim as he laughs, wrapping his arms around my waist and taking a deep breath in.

"Are you smelling me?"

"What? You smell like heaven," A light blush rises to my face as I drag him to the couch, he sits down beside me while wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

Everyone is eating while Dick and Zatanna come lazily down the stairs, catching all of our attention.

"So now that the whole squad is here, what's the plan?" Megan asks as I look around at the others.

"How about we go to the carnival? I heard that there was one today, and besides," Zee says, pausing her sentence, "There's too much sexual tension in this room right now."

Everyone turns to Wallace and I as I scoff.

"Stop looking at us, I'm pretty damn sure all of us need to get laid," Megan and Zatanna gasp at my outburst as I turn around and exit the building, storming to the beach.

Everything was great, but the thought of leaving the house and becoming a target for my father.

Sure I wasn't in a good mood, and maybe Zatanna was right about the sexual tension...

"Artemis?" Wally shows up behind me as I keep my focus on the water in front of me.

"Arty come on, what's wrong? I didn't do anything right?" He asks as I place my head in between my knees.

"No, you did nothing," I mumble out as I feel his sit beside me on the sand, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Then tell me what's wrong, please," He begs as I release a small held sob.

"My father, he escaped prison and he's coming after me," He stays silent before pulling me closer.

"Is that why... you know."

"I was hanging out with Dick so much? Yeah, he knows about my daddy issues. It's not good, he did some horrible things to me and my family, and I'm not going to forgive him," The tears don't fall, Its just anger that racks my brain.

"I'm not going to let that happen Artemis, I promise you nothing will happen. I will protect you I promise," I look up at him.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Wally."

"Well I tend to keep my promises," I look up at him with my wide eyes, hoping he was speaking the truth.

We sit in silence for a while before I hear the rest of our friends calling for us, we must be leaving already.

"Hey, its gonna be okay Arty."

He places both hands on my cheeks as I look into his emerald green eyes.

"Okay, let us go," We stand up as he takes my hand, pulling me towards him as he leads me to the cabin.

"Ugh, finally! We've been calling you for the last hour!" Megan exclaims as I laugh, trying to lift the mood.

"Well what are you doing? Come on lets go."

We all got into the car, not knowing that the night would be one we would remember forever.