Why Do I Watch MLP: FiM?

Why do I like a show like My Little Pony?

"It's a show aimed for little girls, because it has rainbows, sparkles, colors, and other girly things. It would be immature for someone older than ten years old to actually like it for what it is."

I've been hearing this phrase from people that I know. Some are surprised that I like this franchise, and that I'm so into it. I've been hearing this phrase ever since the fifth grade, and even until now.

I'm 12 years old, almost thirteen, and I still like My Little Pony.

And I used to use that phrase. Because I never saw it.

I never thought how these words said in front of me, and told to me, would be so- powerful and interesting now that I actually watch it. I find it very hard to talk about this topic, especially when I'm in front of people my age, who have said that they stopped watching it.

A few years ago, I had quite a lot of people that I knew who loved this show, and they were the ones who would talk to me about it. But then, their thoughts started to shift as they grew older.

"My pony phase is done, I've grown out of it."

"Oh, wait... You still watch that show...?"

"What the heck are you watching?"

"What is that?!"

"I thought it was strange that I was a brony, so I don't watch it anymore."

"PONIES ARE FOR LITTLE GIRLS!!!"

...

Most of the people I knew who were fans like me, have "grown out of it. "
Tears pour out of my eyes as a write, knowing that when I watch the MLP movie premiere  with my only two fan friends left, I will look different and childish to all the people who know and see me.
I felt this before, but now this is a different cause.

To know that I don't share the same thoughts with anybody, that I don't like the same things as anybody.

People around me start to do different things that they obsess over, and that they get offended if they get negative response over it. And I've tried to do these things too. I won't mention it, because I want nobody to get offended by me.

I've tried to do these new things, which is not a bad thing, but then I can't find a strong connection with it.

I think my biggest worry is being different again. Not being able to connect with other people.

Which leads me back to the question that I've been asked.

Why- Just WHY do I like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

It tells it's fans to be different. To follow the characters' situations, and being able to love what you love without others telling you that it's wrong to like these things. This message impacted me greatly when I started watching. It lets me forget all the stereotypical phrases I've been told. It's just something that connects me to this show. Most of my musical inspiration comes from it as well.

And I'm not saying that if you don't watch it, then you're trying to avoid my response on this. You can like whatever you like. Don't let whatever other people say about your likes poison your thoughts for passion.

Hopefully those who will be coming with my two fan friends will try to do this different thing than what they're used to, and that they might try to connect with it as well.