{.10}

"Natasha, can we come in?" Faye softly asked as she knocked on the door of Natasha's bedroom. Once she got no answer, she knocked again, slightly harder this time. "Natasha please. Just let us see you." Faye begged, but they still heard no sound.

Elise rolled her eyes impatiently and shoved Faye to the side. "In other words, let us the fuck in!" She spoke loudly, but not to the point where she's yelling, but she still earned a punch in the arm from her sister. "Ow!" She grasped her arm from where Faye hit her. "What?"

"Seriously?! Dude, you can't just yell at her! She just lost her mother!" Faye whisper-shouted. Elise rolled her eyes dramatically. "I know that! I just want to see her." She mumbled. "Did you think that maybe she just doesn't want to see you?"

"Ha ha ha, very funny." She sarcastically spat.

"Eli, we gotta be patient here. We're her friends remember? We're gonna be decent people and wait for her." Faye softly scolded, crossing her arms over her chest and waiting patiently for Nat to open the door.

"That's it, not even I can wait this long." Faye finally caved in and kicked open the door to find no sign of Natasha. The bed was neatly made, a picture of Natasha and Valentina smiling on the white sheets. And finally, their eyes landed on the window opened.

"Well, at least she made her bed."

"Elise, you're a horrible person."

"I know, people have told me that many times."

Clear pristine water splashed on Natasha's legs as she dangled them in the cold stream, her fingers clenched around the green grass as she fought back tears. She stared at herself in the water, lifeless eyes staring back at her.

Her hazel eyes were red from crying, her wavy dark hair fell past her shoulders, and her face was pale. Her brows furrowed in sadness and anger. She leant forward and buried her head in her hands, a cry caught in her throat. She heard nothing but the stream splashing as the water moved quickly forward, and the birds chirping once in awhile. But, she then heard footsteps walk next to her, before plopping down, and it didn't take her awhile to realize it was Paul from the burning heat radiating off him.

"What do you want?" She grumbled in her hands.

"I'm sorry."

She slowly lifted her head out of her hands when she heard those two simple words. She turned her head to him, dark brows furrowed in confusion. "What?" A small voice escaped her naturally pink lips.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save her. I should've..... I just was too slow."

The broken apology made her stomach churn and want to cry. But no tears escaped.
She slowly turned her head back to the water, not wanting to look at his sad-filled eyes any longer. So instead, they both stared into the water.

"It wasn't your fault." She finally broke the moments of silence. "It wasn't anyone's fault." Her frail hands gripped the grass tightly to stop herself from spatting insults about the mysterious red head vampire.

Her jaw clenched as her eyes became hard, until a warm hand lightly laid on top of her small one. Her eyes widened slightly from the sudden contact, and drifted to the big hand touching hers comfortingly. She stared at it for a couple of moments, before intertwining hers with his.

"We will have revenge, but you need to grieve first." He pulled her closer to him so he could lay his head on hers. "And rest." He planted a gentle kiss to her head, his lips staying for moments before he rested his chin on her head. A wavering exhale came from her lips as she felt his comfort and care for her, a single, silent tear fell from her eye. She bit her lip lightly, before shuffling closer into him and burrowing her head into his chest.

"Thank you."

A sad sigh escaped Faye's lips as Seth put his arms around her small figure, as they rested leaned on a big tree in the plush forest, Faye's short hair slightly damp from the raindrops falling from the leafs of the trees.

"I'm fine." She sighed out when she sensed Seth's concern. "It's just- she was like a mother to me, a mother I never had." She struggled to fight back tears. "And now she's gone." Her voice wavered slightly once she had trouble keeping her tears in. "And I know I'm being selfish, Natasha just lost her mother. I shouldn't be crying right now."

"You're not being selfish. You loved her too. You all did." He comfortably tightened his arm on her, and pulled her closer. "I love you, Clarke."

"I love you too, Clearwater." She wrapped a slender arm around his waist and leaned her head on his shoulder. A small smile came onto her lips, but she couldn't help but furrow her brows in sadness.

"I really love you, Clearwater."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well! That was short and probably awful, but thank you for bearing with me through this cringeworthy journey. But I just wanted to say thank you for all the reads this has gotten! 1.73K  f**king reads! If we can, let's bump it up to 2K! (we probably can't)

I love you all!

~Gollum098