4pm

"I only have 10% chance of success." He said as he held my hand. I didn't know why, but those words took the air out of my lungs, and I couldn't breathe.

I could feel the trembling on his hands as he continued.

"I decided to go on with the surgery. If I don't, I would eventually die."

I couldn't do anything to save him. Even though he had saved me countless times everyday, I could only watch as he slowly died.

"Don't leave me here, all alone..." I sobbed into his chest that night. The pain I felt in my heart was greater than any that I've experienced, it was a pain that left my limbs paralyzed and my breath heavy. The crimson red that dyed my wrist as the blade cut my skin, it couldn't even compare to this.

And Jimin held me in his arms, unable to say anything. He just hugged me, tightly, lovingly, until I went to sleep. I felt his thumb gently carressing the back of my hand, the words stuck at the back of his throat. I knew, that if either one of us confessed our feelings, it would be harder to leave altogether.

And so, our feelings were left unsaid.

"There's a trail again today." Jimin pointed at the sky, distracting me for even just a little while. I gazed into the hues and clouds, the tears drying at the corner of my eyes. All the warmth had left his body, and I knew it was almost time.

"Wouldn't it be nice, if one day, we could sit on a plane together?" he said for the last time, before letting me go. The words were nothing but just a dream.

Desperation filled my heart when I watched him being pulled away by the multiple hospital staff. My heart grew cold from the happenings of the world, and warmed again when I met him, only to break and shatter at the very moment he was taken away.

As it all finally came down to the point of reality, i found myself staring blankly at the empty bed beside mine, the hour hand slowly inching towards 4 o'clock.

I'll never see him again.

The feelings in my knees went back, and I walked. I walked slowly to the top, the darkness consuming every step of the way. I looked down to the abyss below, the noises drowning out from the pain that rushed through my heart to my entire body. I felt numb, I felt nothing.

I'll meet you again soon. The voices below called me, telling me to join them.

And so I listened.

END.