Its a Pleasure to Meet You

Elizas POV

I woke up the my alarm clock blasting 'All Night' by Hedley (A/N: If any of you know Hedley, I will praise you😂). I slowly sat up in bed and swiftly grabbed my phone, turning off the alarm and checking the time. Sighing, I sluggishly pull the covers off myself, shivering as my feet touch the cold hardwood floor.

"Alright, first day of college. Its no big deal, Eliza. You got this." I said to myself confidently, standing up and walking over to my dresser.

I pull the drawers open and grab the first item of clothing I see, a silky, sky blue hoodie with a small pocket in the top left corner. I shrug, throw it on along with a plain, white tee and slip on a pair of black leggings before brushing, my hair and teeth, slipping on my black flats, and headed to my first class, History.

As I walk through the class doors, I'm greeted with a LOT of new faces. I smile sheepishly at everyone who looks at me as I take a seat somewhere between the front and the back. I didnt wanna seem like I wanted to get called on for every question, so I didnt choose the front. But, I also didn't wanna seem like I hate everyone and the back was the only place to go so I dont have to make human interaction. I looked around at everyone once more before noticing a short man with long, luscious, dark brown hair, tied up in a tight, messy ponytail. He looked around my age.

"H-hi!" I say sheepishly.

The man turns around and smiles brightly. He seems nice!

"Hello!" He replied cheerfully.

"Are you new here by any chance?" I ask quietly.

"Yes, actually, I am!"

I smiled.

"Oh thank God! I thought I was the only new student in this class." I sighed slightly with relief. "Im Elizabeth by the way.. but, pretty much everyone calls me Eliza for short.." I put my hand out to shake his.

He shook my hand and nodded, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Alexander Hamilton. Alex for short though," he trailed off.

"Nice to meet you Alex!"

"Its a pleasure to meet you too, Eliza!"

I smile brightly and look ahead to see the teacher walking into the classroom. The room quickly becomes so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. Everyone turned to face the bald man standing at the front of the class. He wore a grey suit with black dress shoes, and rectangular glasses that rested on the bridge if his nose. His eyes skimmed the class, quickly examining the new students and the not so new students, before grabbing a pen and beginning to take attendance.

Constant names were called, followed by costant "heres," or "presents." Eventually, my name was called.

"Elizabeth Schuyler?"

"Present."

"Ah, Miss Schuyler! I believe it is your first year here..? Havent seen you around."

"Uh, yes, M-mr. Washington..?" I replied, quickly glancing at the metal name tag standing proudly on the mans desk.

"Well, I look forward to teaching you this year!" He said with a professional smile.

I smiled and nodded before slowly slouching down in my seat, hoping I didnt just embarass myself on the first day.

Alex turned around and said, his voice just above a whisper,

"Would you believe me if I told you Mr. Washington is my dad?"

I glanced at Alex and then back at Mr. Washington who was polishing his silver name tag. Raising an eyebrow, I shift my eyes back to focus on Alexander. I didn't really see much of a resemblance.

"He is..?"

"Well, hes my a-adopted dad, yeah.." He replied, his smile fading slightly.

"Oh my! Uh, I'm so sorry.." I say quickly. Ughh, he probably hates me now.

"Nonono! its ok.." he also replies quickly, before being cut off my Mr. Washington.

He clears his throat subtly before speaking,

"Good morning class. I am your History teacher for this year, Mr. Washington." He smiled, pointing at his thoroughly polished name tag. "I am looking forward to teaching you all, I expect you all to cooperate effectively and this year will, hopefully, be great." He said slowly, eyeing down a few students, Including Alex.

Alex fake smiled as Washingtons eyes skimmed over his face. I swiftly put my hands on my desk and folded them together . I didnt want to, but I felt the need to as his eyes quickly skimmed over my head and onto a few other people.

"Ok..lets begin." Mr. Washington finally began teaching after 10 minutes of attendance, silence, and a lot of looking. Class went on from there without any interruptions. I soon stood up from my chair after being dismissed and walked out, Alex walking behind me before being called back by Washington.

"Oh, I'll catch up with you in a bit..my 'dad' needs me..what dorm number are you?" he cringed at the word "dad"

"Oh, uh..216!" I smile softly

"Ok, cool! See ya!" He walked over to washington and hopped up on his desk.

I checked my schedule and sighed lightly, Next class, Science. Here I come..

A/N: WOAH I FINISHED THIS CHAPTER! Sorry it took so long, I tried to make this chapter longer and I clearly succeeded! It might suck cause proof reading doesn't exist when its 12:00 on a school night and I've been writing for the past hour😂 anyways I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!