Chapter Seven

A/N: This story is going to be broken into two parts but it will all be in this book. This first half will probably be around 15 chapters, maybe less, and it's going to continue to be about 15 year old Scott and Mitch building their relationship. The second half will probably be 10-15 chapters and it will be about their senior year of high school.
Thank you to @nerdifan for helping me decide on costumes

        The students had been allowed to go out on the weekend to get costumes. Scott wasn't sure what he was going to dress up as but he needed something. He had considered just getting a mask of some kind but decided to actually put effort into it. He decided that the perfect costume would be Harry Potter. As he was walking around the party store and collecting items he needed for his costume, he was surprised to see a certain brunette wandering around. All of the students had come on buses and he hadn't seen Mitch get on either one.

"Hey," Scott greeted with a smile, making Mitch jump. He looked at him before glancing around a bit.

"What are you doing?" Mitch asked quietly, turning his attention back to the shelves in front of him.

"Same as you, getting a costume. Did you decide to go to the dance?"

"You know what I mean," Mitch replied. "I thought you said you weren't going to talk to me outside of the library?" Scott's smile fell.

"Oh, right, sorry," Scott mumbled. He turned to walk away but was stopped by Mitch's quiet voice.

"I'm sorry." Scott turned back to him a little surprised.

"How about this, outside of school we can be friends?" Scott suggested. "While we're working and anytime we're not at school like now." Mitch gave a small smile and nodded a little.

"What are you dressing as?" Mitch asked, motioning to the stuff Scott was carrying.

"Uh, Harry Potter," Scott felt his cheeks heat up a bit. He couldn't help that he was a nerd. Mitch smiled at him.

"Nice choice," he chuckled.

"What are you dressing as?" Scott asked, noticing that Mitch didn't have anything.

"I'm not really sure. I don't even know yet if I'll need a costumes." Mitch shrugged his shoulder, picking up a headband that had a bloody meat cleaver on it.

"I still think you should come to the dance... We could go together so then maybe people wouldn't mess with you." Scott suggested, realizing that it once again sounded like he was asking Mitch out. Maybe he was? He didn't even know.

"Th-That's the second time you've asked me to go with you." Mitch's cheeks were pink and Scott found himself smiling at that. Mitch really was cute.

"Well, um, I just want you to be able to go and have a good time." Scott explained, smiling a little. It was true. He hated seeing anyone in the situation Mitch was in. It wasn't right for them to treat Mitch terribly.

"Thank you," Mitch said with a shy smile.

"Scott? What are you doing?" Kirstie asked, looking from Scott to Mitch who didn't look up. Scott shrugged his shoulders.

"Just talking to Mitch," he answered.

"Oh, well, Mr. Kipper said for everyone to hurry up and get what they need because we're leaving in ten minutes." She informed him. Scott thanked her and then turned back to Mitch.

"I gotta grab a couple more things. See you later?" Mitch smiled and nodded a little. He looked back at the stuff in front of him and sighed. He still didn't know what to dress as and he had ten minutes to decide. He scanned over the many headbands in front of him before his eyes settled on one and he smiled a little. He grabbed the headband before hurrying to grab what else he would need.