Chapter 11: A New Day

*Jiselle's P.O.V*

I wake up in bed and I find it hard to move. I realize Master is on top of me, and my face heats up red. He's never embraced me like this ever, though I have dreamed of this moment many times it's still strange to think it's actually happening. I was about to move him off of me but, maybe this could be one of my few chances to be close to him. I decided to snuggle into him and breathe in his scent. I look at him and study his sleeping features. He has a painful expression, like he's having a bad dream or something. It makes me sad I can't take away his fears.

Before I realize what I'm doing I'm slowly stroking his cheek and his eyes flutter open. I pull my hand away but, he stops me and pulls my hand to his lips and places a kiss to my knuckles causing my face to heat up again. I have no idea what happened last night but whatever it was for Master to express these new feelings towards me makes my heart flutter.

"Sorry- I didn't meant to-" I say and the words fumble out of my mouth. He chuckles and entwined our fingers together. He places his forehead against mine and places a small kiss on my nose. "I am so glad you're okay", he whispers. I really am curious about what happened to me that has made him worry so much but I'm so taken back by his actions I don't know how to function. My whole face has probably turned as ripe as a tomato by this point.

"i-I can't remember what happened last night can you tell me?" I ask finally. He looks serious for a moment before he speaks "A enemy new blood vampire went crazy and attacked last night while I was away, you fought well against him, but he was too strong and overwhelmed you. We finally captured him and I sent Mortus to the dungeons in the mountains to torture him to find out who sent him-" He paused "I was so- worried I had lost you before I had the opportunity to tell you my true feelings." He says and my heart swells and my stomach feels heavy like I could pass out from anxiety.

"I didn't know the true extent of my feelings till last night when I found you unconscious in a pool of your blood, I felt weak- I hated myself...I should have been there to protect you and I failed as your Master." He voice was starting to break almost as if he was about to cry. I hold his head in my hands and his eyes meet mine. His eyes are full of pain...pain that I cause for not being strong enough to protect myself. "You shouldn't that way master, I am the one who owed myself to you to protect you till I breathe my last breathe...maybe even a bit after. I am the one who failed you as you're servant... I am supposed to be your guard dog." I say and he snuggles his head into my hands. "You mean more to me than that...Jiselle, I-" His words are cut off by the sound of a loud knock.

"Master it is almost noon time to-" A maid says whiles slowly opening the door.

She sees us and instead of pulling away he grabs my waist and pulls me close. He grabs a small pillow from the bottom of the bed and throws it next to the maid.

"You know better than to come in without permission!" Master screams and I chuckle the maid quickly darts out the room yelling she was sorry from down the hall.

"We should probably get out of bed now, you are probably gonna be busy all day because of last night." I say and I hear him sigh. He turns to look at me "You are absolutely right...however not before this" He leans over me and places a soft kiss to my lips that leaves me so in shock I didn't realize he had gotten up and went to the door. "You have the day off today from chores, please say in my bed and rest." He says and I am only capable of shaking my head in a okay motion. He leaves and I touch my lips...

He just kissed me.

_________________________________________________
*Author's Note*

Okay so first I would like to say I'm sorry for cutting this chapter short, but I just wanted to apologize for being a really bad updater. I've been going through a lot in my personal life and I haven't had the inspiration to write as much plus, I wanted to write another book and I put in more effort into that one then this one. However I will try my best to post more, my goal this month is to upload at least 3 chapters of this book and finish the first 5 chapters of my new book and publish that. I really hope you guys like my style of writing. If you have any suggestions for how you want the story to go please leave comments I love you guys feed back and when you vote my book, even though I only have 1,000 reads it's still makes me happy that my book has gotten a little recognition. Another chapter should be up either tonight or tomorrow night.