Chapter 5

She opened her eyes, her throat sore from the screams. Her hands were on her face as a shield. She placed them on her lap and took in her surroundings. Luke had pulled over. He leaned over and his big arms cradled her petite frame, whispering soothing words in her ear to calm her down. She held onto him for dear life as she recollected the memory of the accident. Well, at least she thought there was one.

Luke smelled of aftershave. She inhaled his scent; it was nothing like she'd ever perceived. She struggled to calm her nerves and regulate her breathing. When she finally calmed down, she sat upright and released herself from Luke's hold. His black eyes ran over her, dilated with concern.

"Are you okay?" he asked, satisfied she wasn't visibly hurt.

"What just happened, Luke?" she asked, still shaken.

"I should be asking you that. We were talking and all of a sudden you started screaming, and curled yourself in a ball."

"You mean you didn't see the accident?"

"What accident, angel?"

"The car... it came... I shouted but... the car... there was... there was a collision Luke, I heard the glass... I heard -"

"It's alright angel, I'm here, calm down." He gathered her in his arms again.

"You mean you didn't see it?"

"No, but -"

"What the hell is happening to me? There was an accident, it was so real Luke, and I could have sworn I was thrown out the window. Why don't you believe me?" she looked around them, there was no car in sight. Definitely no shard of glass lying nearby, not even a little piece. It held no semblance of an accident scene. He must think I've lost it, oh my God.

"Are you alright, angel?"

"Stop calling me that," she groaned, grinding her knuckles in her eyes. He chuckled. "And stop laughing!"

"I'm sorry Nell. Are you fine? You seem shaken up pretty bad"

"I'm fine." I am not fine.

She blew out a sigh and looked out the window again.

"Where are we going, Luke?"

"You'll see," he said, with one of those his evil grins and put the car back on the road.

She was tired of complaining and so she sat quietly, looking at the road as they kept going. She had known something was wrong. This was the second time she was having these hallucinations. Whatever it was, she was sure it started when she met Luke. She could bet her life on it.

~ ~ ~

Hey guy. I promised to update three short chapters, here's one. The other two will come later. I'm terribly sorry for keeping you waiting.

Again, lemme know your thoughts. What do you think of Janelle and Luke so far? How have I been able to develop their characters?

Love,

Shalom xoxo