Cheating

Will came into the house. It was late again, maybe 11PM. He sighed heavily, rubbing his freckles face with his tanned hands. Placing down the keys, he started to walk upstairs to his room. The walls were covered in pictures of him and his boyfriend, Nico, all smiling and holding hands, giggling and enjoying themselves.

Will missed them times. Nico barely looked at him anymore. Every time he would dismiss him, Will could feel his heart sink and break apart, shattering into tiny little pieces. It was unclear what was happening and why Nico had stopped giving him attention. This made the freckled boy go into deep thoughts, a tsunami that overlapped any good ones that came to mind.

Will finally reached the top and casually walked towards his own room. By doing so, he went passed Nico's. The door was black, every thing inside the room was also black. He wore black. His hair was black. His beautiful orbs known as eyes were black. Black. It lacked meaning and colour. It was an angry shade that could represent many things. Death. Mourning. Many more. Will never really questioned it. His mind always went back to: his sister died, he's still in mourning. Even after all them years he was still having nightmares about her. Will would help him go through all of the night terrors or the rough days. But he kept getting further and further away. He hated it. He loathed it.

  "Yeah... heh... I know..." a faint voice murmured from Nico's room. He raised an eyebrow and placed his ear to the door.  Who was he talking to?

  "Please... Yeah.... We have to meet soon...... no I still haven't told Will...... I know I should I just- ugh," Nico was obviously on the phone with someone, pausing every few seconds for the reply.

  Will raised another eyebrow and he felt his chest tighten, as if he was just told heart breaking news. Who was Nico talking to? He had been doing this for weeks... 

  "Yeah, thanks for being here....  I'm scared that Will will get angry."

Will started to get angry. Was he... cheating on him? It sure sounded like it. Every night he talked to this mysterious person and he hadn't talked to Will about it.

  "Yeah ok-" Will busted through the door, making Nico yelp and end the call. "Will!?"

  "Who've you been talking to for the past few weeks?" Will asked, voice strangely calm.

  "I-I don't know what you're talking about." He glanced away. He was lying. Will gritted his perfectly white teeth together and yanked the phone from the midnight black bed. This immediately triggered Nico's protectiveness and he reached out for his phone. Tears were building up in his broken eyes.  "Will please-"

  "No. None of that." Will's voice was now lacking kindness and was only firm. He unlocked the phone, eyeing Nico who started to sob. The sounds he hated. The sounds that he would make after waking up from a dream that terrorised him.

  Will hit redial, staring at Nico dead in the eye. The raven-haired boy looked away, breathing hitching immensely. He curled up into a ball and avoided all eye contact.

Beep beep. Beep be-

  "Hello, this is suicide hotline."