Nightmare

Everything  was pitch black. Everything was just...black. I didn't know where I am at all. "Mom?" I heard myself say. "Fai?" I dropped my head to look at my paws to see if there was the same damp ground underneath me. Nope. Just black. I grasped at my breath to see what was below me. A light was reflecting from inside my chest.

                           A graceful green emerald light. L-like...the one Nora described weeks before. "This is not your destiny." a slight whisper hissed softly. I was so shocked that I almost tripped over my paws. "Who are you?" I questioned, still terrified. "Who are you." the voice asked back in the same gentle breeze.

                   The light flickered around me with grace. "My brain must be tricking me." I thought. Slowly flowing toward me was a smooth aqua light. "This is no trickery." the voice responded as if it heard my thoughts. 

                       "Please! I don't know where I am. Please answer me." The emerald light at my remark slowed down to a more soft flow. "For you to get more answers you must find them yourself." My face tore with confusion as the blue shine formed a picture.

                I couldn't believe it. Is that? No, it can't.....My head twirled in thought as I stared in amazement. Is he...."No, no, no, no! Please light tell me it is not true!", "It is only true if you choose to believe it." the emerald responded. 

                        Then the blue aqua and emerald fire swirled around me floated inside my chest. "What? I-I don't understand!" I exclaimed, baffled. "This is not your quest." the voices buzzed. "This is not you.", "I-I..I" I stammered. "Riley! Riley! RILEY!" All of a sudden, I awoke.

                      I saw Fai's jumbled face in front of me in relief. "Fai!" I screamed, launching myself at him, almost knocking him over. "Everything's..getting...dark." he stammered. "Oh sorry!" I flushed getting up from the young tom. His face tightened into a wrinkled expression. "Are you okay?", "Um...well, sort of..I-I just had a bad dream."

                     "Oh, okay." he replied smoothly. "What did you want to tell me?" I asked. "Oh! Right...Mom went on a hunt." My enthusiasm dropped. "Seriously? That's what you freaked my out for?" , "Hey! Without me you would probably woke up and freak ed out because mom wasn't here!" he shot back with a smirk.

                   "Fine, fine." I lifted myself up from the awkward position I was in. "So...wanna go eat some leftovers?" I asked Fai. Once I asked him his face immediately lit up. "Are you kidding? We had moose last night! Yeah!", "There's nothing better than moose!"

                 "Except chicken wings." I added. "Wanna bet?" he smirked. "Who makes the best meal wins.", "Your ON!" Our paws pushed against the ground to go rush of to make the best meal of them all (with leftovers)! 

                            I toke some chicken, mint, plus some other ingredients left in the corner and raced of. Mint may not sound good on chicken, but when you've been putting together "masterpieces" behind a hooman eating place for most of your life you get the idea. We galloped around the lodge until we finally pulled everything together, trying to catch our breath.

                                     "Okay...okay, now..let's taste..each-other's..food." I panted. Fai nodded and staggered over to my dish. I bobbed my head in agreement, but before I could get up, Fai and I began to hear the pitter-patter of footsteps coming closer. "Mom!" Fai and I exclaimed. Mom flew anxiously around the den like she didn't hear us at all. "Mom?" I asked. "Fai, get those vines and come follow me. Riley, you get the aloe Vera root behind the den."

                       Without waiting for us to answer, Mom rushed of outside with Fai following close behind her with the vines in his mouth. Eager to find out what happened I scurried to my paws to go behind the den. It didn't take me long to find the short plants. I ripped one or two out of the ground with their bitter taste in my mouth and sprinted to the front of the den.

                                    "Mom what are you-" As soon as I saw what laid outside my throat closed up and I couldn't get enough air to say this one word. Spots. The aloe Vera dropped out of my mouth and thumped down on the dirt floor. Mom toke the herbs in one swift move. She ban chewing it up to let the water drip out onto Spots' body and began spreading the herb on the wounds.

                              "Riley?" Fai said to me realizing my expression. I didn't respond. I just stood there with confusion and horror in my eyes. My dream was true...well, it's more of a nightmare now. Finally, after a few moments I was able to grasp enough breathe to talk again.

                         "S-spots..." I muttered. Mom and Fai turned their heads to meet my face. "Riley?" Fai repeated once more. "Are you okay?"

                             My nightmare, it was right...I'm not, and never was, okay.

.