Hearts Out

Chapter 23

_________________________________

I watched as Drew set the table for dinner, placing each plate on the place mats. It's been a few days since our short road trip and I had a blast.

Even Drew missed having so much fun. But he was happy to be back.

I thought it was funny the way Drew took cooking so seriously. He was serious when it came to making dinner presentable. I laughed at his comments as he had told me earlier that he can cook a mean chicken breast for dinner.

"Drew's so passionate when it comes to food, and music. What about you Wes, what are you passionate about?" I asked him curiously, gently poking his chest. We rested on the couch, my legs in his lap as his hands rested at my shin.

"Music, surfing, skating, everything about living life... You." He said, his sly smile surfacing. He pulled my legs bringing me closer than before. As Drew finished up, Wes looked back hoping that neither Keaton nor Drew were paying attention at the moment.

Wesley mouthed the words kiss me before he began to lean in. I brought my lips inches closer when Drew interrupted.

"It's time to eat kiddos!" He cheered childishly, satisfaction at its finest with Drew as he walked away. Wes laughed it off as I rolled my eyes.

****

Drew had brought his ukulele to the beach. Wesley brought his small drum and of course Keaton brought his guitar.

Tonight we decided on just chilling at the beach. The more I spent time with them, the more I realized how much they were connected with music. It was in their souls, every movement, word. And I loved the atmosphere whenever they played their songs. The vibes were good, and even the people who gathered every time thought so too.

"Let's take a trip to sunset boulevard in the city of stars. The city of blinding lights and starry eyes." Wesley, Drew and Keaton all sang his hearts out, His eyes closed as he sang and drummed the beat. People would  continue to gather as they sang away the evening.

We walked along the boardwalk, my hand in Wesley's. Not too long ago we had dropped our things in the car, that way we didn't have to carry everything. 

I watched as street performers did their thing, earning the looks of just about everyone within seeing distance.

Walking along the sidewalk, I  observed people who sold things, others who rode by on bikes, and a sign.

It wasn't just any sign though. It was a flyer, for a singing competition. My eyes lit up at the sight of it. I let go of Wesley's hand as he was in mid conversation with Drew and Keats.

"Would you guys consider entering in competitions? You guys are amazing." I smiled, walking towards them with the flyer behind my back.

"I mean, if we had the chance, yeah! Probably. Why?" Wes raised a brow, pulling me close so he can try to grab the paper.

"Stop Wes! Stop!" I said, losing to his physical strength. He stared at the writing, reading it.

"What's that?" Keaton asked curiously.

"They're holding X Factor auditions her in L.A. You guys should go!" I said excitedly.

"You're kidding..." Drew said, letting our a sarcastic laugh. With things like this, Drew always thought I was joking. Which most of the time was just poking fun. But I was dead serious this time.

"No. Drew, I'm serious! Please you guys! I know you'll go far. Did you see how many people reacted to you today. That could be you and thousands of people watching you live out your dream."

"I can't leave you for a dream." He admitted, handing the paper over to Keaton.

"I know you won't. I'll always be here Wesley."

"Yup. But I'm living out this dream with my brother and my best friend. And I'm taking you with me." He smiled. Keaton jumped up in the air awkwardly and excitedly. I laughed as Wes wrapped his arms around  my waist. My arms were around his neck as he spun me around before setting me back to the ground.

He hands pressed me closer to him, his hand cupping my cheek. His fingers brushed hairs behind my ear.

"You'll always be part of my dream." He smiled, pressing his lips to mine.

"I love you." I whispered.

© 2014 ILLUKEMINATTl. All Rights Reserved.

_____________________________

Hello lovelies :)

I hopes it's not wierd how I ended this. This story was one where I planned on making up something to where it lead up to the boys entering into the competition. And that's how the ending came about. 

I enjoyed writing this so much. And I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. It was definitely one of my favorites to write. I hope you can continue to enjoy my other pieces. If you are interested, just check out my profile :o

Thanks to all that have read this story. I love you all so much <3 :')

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN and such

And follow me on twitter: @illukeminattL

~Alyssa