Ch. 2: My Dearest Sister, how you holding up?

Arista Tempest walked down the hallway, pitiful looks coming attacking from every angle, suffocating her in a blaze of fiery arrows. She hated this so terribly much. She wanted to do was move on, forget what she never could, but these people keep making it impossible. Their constant worries crowning around her like she was a large pancake and they all wanted a piece.

" Ari! Ari" An exasperated and flailing Rosalind Yan yelled at her. "Hey, how ya' doin'?" Asked the girl once caught up to Ari.

The message was low-key, but Ari got it. She sighed to her self. All hope for her life was lost, now she was in the entire school's book of pity, even her best friend couldn't help but ask. She loved the attention, though. It was cool to have everyone's eyes on her. Blayke Ember had even talked to her. The best part was she didn't even feel bad.

Her sister was a selfish whore who wanted more in life. She was probably jealous too. So in Ari's view, she had no reason to feel guilty or sad, it was her sister's fault, not hers. These thoughts were part of Ari's lie to herself. She stood in front of these thoughts as not to face the rotting decay of her mind.

She couldn't stand anything anymore, everyone's thoughts and opinions on what happened were nothing compared to what happened. 'Cause no one knew what actually happened. Nobody could unsee what she saw and how it haunted her. She couldn't sleep anymore.

"I'm doing good, could be better." She smiled her newly accomplished fake friendly smile, "What about you? What's going on in your life?" Ari asked in a last ditch effort to change the subject.

"Oh just the norm, you know, parents, party's, and boys," Rosalind looked up at the calling prospecting on her next words. "The parents have been super attentive lately, I think it's about Em-" wisely the girl stopped remembering Arista's predicament.

Everything always went back to Emily. Her undead sister still was roaming the corridors of her life. She haunted it, controlled it. Even in the afterlife, Emily controlled her life. No, that was wrong, only in the afterlife did she control her life; only.

Before everything happened Ari and Em barely talked or even looked at each other. They weren't sisters then, couldn't even qualify as cousins. They were so different. Ari was the bad girl whose priorities were smokes and sex. Emily was the sweet girl who would give a homeless man her credit card, but at home, they were different too. Ari was sweet and loving the good girl-and Emily was the quiet underachiever.

Their relationship was rocky and unfought for, but Emily was always there for Arista and easy to use. A lot of what happened in the relationship, one of the main factors as to why they didn't have a relationship in the past few years. Ari used Emily to get good grades as well as boys and drugs.

It was a disastrous yin and yang. Plus Emily started to drift away in the past few years, becoming less available for Ari to use. She fixed that easily though, cut off her connection to Em and got someone new to use.

"Ari! Ari!" A hand waved in front of her face, so fast the pixels of Rosalind's skin blurred together. Fingers snapped in her left ear three times before Ari blinks and her eyes focus of her best friend, "Damn, what's happened to you. You blank out a ton now. Well, either way, I'm sorry for bringing up your sister."

" Well, excuse me," she whispered lowly at her friends comment on blanking out.

"Sorry?"

"Nothing, Rosie, nothing," Arista sighed. "See you in third, this is my stop."

"Yeah, see you," Rosie chirped, turning into the crowd and walking away.

Ari sighed shoving her key into the faded gold locker. Inside were stacks of textbooks and papers. There was a mirror stuck to the small door other pictures and drawings stuck on the door. And an extra bag of makeup and supplies. It was a pretty standard locker, normal colors and normal things. Except for one thing: a pink envelope.