Something Bad Is Gonna Happen

READER'S POV

After that incident with Hayate, Carla brought me home and I was now in Reiji explaining to him about what happened earlier. Reiji then said to me.

"So this Hayate person, who is he?"

"He was one of the people who abused me when I was still with the Komori family and now he's only gone and left the church.

Reiji understood this and he then said to me.

"I don't know who these people are but, there's a chance they'll come after you."

I sighed when Reiji said this and I then remembered about the events that happened to me years ago and during that Arata incident.

"But why me? I didn't ask for any of this to happen  to me, all I ever wanted was to have a normal life while I was growing up but, all of that changed when that night came."

"There are at times when some humans can't escape from their fates or destines."

"But I'm not human nor a demon, I'm just little miss in between and I always will be."

I said as I lowered my head sadly. Reiji then pats my head before he spoke to me again.

"None of that doesn't matter, just don't worry about those people too much, just be glad that you're here with me and my brothers."

I looked at Reiji and I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Reiji, see ya."

I said before I left his room. Once I got back to my room, I looked at my bed and it had some books that contained information about Himiko and her clan. I took off my bodywarmer and my pistols holsters before I looked out of the window whilst wondering about what Hayate said to me.

'Year of the demons, what exactly does that supposed to mean? why does Hayate think that my blood will change me?'

I looked at the pile of books and I got one of them to read through what this Year of demons is until I came across a page that caught my attention. The picture on the page of the book that I was reading, showed Himiko in her demon form but she didn't look as if she had lost control but, she's in control of her own power.

"Himiko was a powerful woman, however, her half-demon blood was close to controlling her but, she was able to find a way to control her powers and she became stronger and powerful than she was before."

The page explained and I looked at the picture of Himiko and I was impressed by this. I turned over another page but, the page that was supposed to contain some information about the Year of Demons was torn out.

"Oh great, that's disappointing."

"What is, Melons?"

I jumped in fright and I then punched the culprit in the stomach. When I looked who scared me, it was Ayato and I sweat dropped at this.

"Whoops, sorry about that Ayato."

"What is the matter with you? you've got a nerve to punch Ore-sama like that."

"I said I was sorry, anyway, what is it you want this time?"

Ayato got up from the ground while clutching his stomach and he then said to me.

"Reiji told me to come and get you because dinner is ready."

"Thanks but no thanks Ayato, I'm not hungry."

"Why? are you not feeling well?"

"No, I just don't have that much of an appetite, can you please tell Reiji that I'm sorry that I couldn't make but I'll make it up to him?"

Ayato sighed and he then smirked at me and he said to me.

"Fine but you owe Ore-sama big time."

"Fine, fine."

I said before Ayato teleported out of my room. I laid down on my bed and I stared at the ceiling for a few second before I started to feel sleepy.

'I know I'm safe for the time being but, why do I feel so uneasy?'

I thought to myself and I closed my eyes and fell asleep unaware that I was being watched.

3RD PERSON POV

While (Y/n) was asleep in her bed, Ayato got to the dining room and he explained to Reiji that (Y/n) couldn't make it. The others looked a bit worried and then Laito spoke up.

"Doll-chan isn't coming to dinner again? that's not like her."

"Now that you stop and think about it, she hasn't been acting like herself since that Arata incident."

Ayato said as he remembered how (Y/n) started acting differently after she defeated Arata and when they came back to the human world. Subaru then looked at the empty that was between him and Reiji and he spoke up.

"I wonder if she's gonna be all right?"

"She'll be fine, you're forgetting that she's a tough girl."

Reiji looked at the empty seat and he said to Shu.

"I just hope you're right."

Meanwhile, back in (Y/n)'s room, (Y/n) was having a nightmare about that night when her birth family were killed. In the shadows, Hayate's companion was watching her from the shadows and he carefully and quietly walked over to the sleeping (Y/n).

"Let's see what will happen when your friends see your true power, (Y/n)."

He said as he blew some red dust at her face and then she inhaled some of it through her nose and mouth. Hayate's companion disappeared before (Y/n) woke up.

READER'S POV

I sat up quickly on my bed and I looked around because I thought heard someone when I was having that nightmare. I got off my bed and I then suddenly felt my heart beating in pain. I clutched my chest and I steadied myself so that I can get into the bathroom that was connected to my room. When I looked at myself in the mirror I saw my (E/c) eyes change into my demon eyes.

"What the hell...?"

I whispered as I stared at my reflection for a few seconds before I turned on the tap to splash some water on my face. Once I've done that, I looked at myself in the mirror again and I noticed that my demon eyes had changed back into my (E/c) eyes and the pain in my chest I felt was gone as well. I gripped onto the edges of the sink and I thought to myself.

'Something bad is going to happen, I just know it.'

TO BE CONTINUED...