>>THREE <<

CHAPTER 3: MS

CHAPTER 3: MS. BLAKE

"Have you tried calling Derek?"

"Like, five times. Do you have any other emergency werewolf contacts?"

"Yeah. Call Indi and Scott."

_____

"INDI LET'S GO, IT'S ENGLISH, not the end of the world."

I pout at my best friend, whining as she drags me along. "It may as well be. I hate school. I just want to sleep, which is forbidden here, and school only makes it easier. "

Allison scoffs, rolling her eyes. "That's why God made coffee."

My eyes narrow at the other girl. "What part of overactive metabolism is hard to remember?"

She blushes sheepishly as we enter the room, almost late nonetheless. "Right, well there has to be some kind of preternatural substitute."

I roll my eyes. "Too early, Ally, keep the big words to a minimum." With that, I find an empty seat next to Stiles, who smiles widely.

"Indi, looking fresh as ever..." he begins sarcastically, and I huff. "There's this unique thing called a shower."

"Stiles! You know when you grow your hair out, you actually have to take care of it." I whisper, noticing Lydia's snickering. "While buzz cuts require little to no maintenance, I'm sure you've heard of a hair brush?"

He gasps exaggeratedly, placing a hand on his heart. "Never. Tell me more."

I roll my eyes. "Google it instead of Googling porn tonight."

He scoffs. "Fine, but only if you promise to buy some clothes that actually fit."

"Well only if you let the lumberjacks have their oversized flannels back."

"Right after you let your brother have his sweatpants back."

"My brother is shorter than me, idiot."

"Ooo, burn, she called me an idiot." he whines. "Indi, maybe you should consider reading a dictionary, and taking a bath while you're at it."

"Maybe you should shut up."

"Maybe you should find comebacks from this century."

I laugh first, and Stiles lifts his hand into a fist bump letting out a hissed, "Yessssss..." and I groan.

"Next time, Stilinski." I warn, the smile sticking to my face like it always does after Stiles and I's banter.

He rolls his honey brown eyes, smirking. "You wish, Dunbar, we all know sarcasm is my forte."

I spin to my left to mention something to Allison, only to see a random student in her place. Frowning, I scan the room, my hearing picking up on an awkward conversation towards the back of the room.