Chapter 1: The Beginning

One could easily observe the noise of the market women chattering and turning down requests of haggling customers, the horses neighing loudly, the guards making regular patrols at intervals to ensure nothing out of the ordinary was going on and some shrewd looking "customers" moving from stall to stall obviously with no intention of purchasing any item. In reality this was Kirkwood one of the biggest cities in Dagenham with one of the greatest historical tales.

An entrance to the castle was provided by two gigantic iron doors with two guards stationed at each end. Behind the door was the draw bridge used in incidences of war.

The castle compound was large with beautiful flowers encompassing the surroundings due to King Egmond Corbett's eye to aesthetics. The entrance into the main building was made elegant and flamboyant by marble and Stone paintings. The third floor was the king's official chambers where all those who besieged the king with trivial and important guests on arrival to the kingdom were obliged to go.

The throne was made of gold and Marosi steel imported from the Maros Islands north of Dagenham with inscriptions of the past Kings of kirkwood engraved at the Centre. Two rooms away was the Official chambers of the governing Council where selected members of the nobles and elite from the populace presided on trivial matters. This governing Council was also the first to be informed of any criminal activity in the kingdom.
At a secluded place in the castle was the keep commonly called the dungeon where inmates awaiting trial and those to be executed were housed. Most times orders for some to be tortured were given as shrieks of pain could be heard inside the castle.

Today was the feast in remembrance of the Knights of the realm who valiantly invaded and conquered their enemies the Taquarians. King Egmond believed feasts were clever ways of burying past grievances between kingdoms and strengthening alliances between kingdoms and for those reasons he loved feasts.