Chapter II

She was exhausted when Armin took the offer to take her place. But glad that Armin took up the offer. It was like a big weight had been lifted off of her. Mikasa definitely appreciated Armin at times like these because of how considerate and kind he was. 

 She turned to Eren, "I'm going home now." Since Eren lived in the same house and Armin was heading back the same way as Eren- Mikasa took the bags off their shoulders.

Jean longingly staring towards Mikasa who was heading the opposite direction from him. He sighed and turned towards Marco urging him to leave as well.

"Well we're heading back to my place." Jean spoke raising an arm before the two of them left. "BYE."

"See you guys tomorrow." Eren spoke. The two saw Jean, Marco and Mikasa off. They headed on their way towards Main street just in front of Shiganshina high school.

While Armin grinned waving towards them. Eren turned towards Armin noticing his more than happy kind of attitude today. Eren raised a brow.

"You seem pretty happy today."

Armin pausing to turn to Eren.  He admitted that he was quite happy when Mikasa accepted his offer. "I'm just happy Mikasa got the chance to get some rest."

Eren nodded agreeing with Armin. Sighing, "That girl is really stubborn. I'm surprised you made her budge when you said that." 

Armin looked towards Eren and smiled while he glanced towards the direction Mikasa walked, "It's because she probably knows that rest is better for her. The reason why she keeps turning our other offers down is because she doesn't want to be a burden." 

"You must know a lot about her don't you Armin?" Eren questioned making Armin flustered by his comment. "N-No! That's just what I know based on what I've been told and seen!" 

Eren looked towards Armin with a sly grin. Still, Eren couldn't help but pick up strange vibes from Armin that day.
He knew something was up when the two made their way down Main street. 

Shiganshina High school was built in central city which meant it was easy for the students to access the commodities that restaurants, stores and cafes had to offer. It wasn't that odd to find a few high school students wandering the streets with their casual uniforms that day. 

All types of people were passing by Eren and Armin. Business men, high school students, customers, the homeless and stationed officers. There were just so many people in the city. It was always busy year round when you place a cafe in the middle of downtown. 

As the boys passed by they began to make conversation once more. They stopped at a crosswalk while the cars zoomed by.

Eren turned towards Armin and raised a brow towards him, "Listen Armin you were a good friend to have let Mikasa take the day off but-" 

The cross walk had told them to walk once more, "Do you honestly think Mikasa is going to use that spare time to rest?"

Armin sighed and considered Mikasa's options. Both Armin and Eren knew well enough that Mikasa
wasn't going to use that time to rest.

"Of course it's highly unlikely that she wasn't going to use that time to nap. But I'm going to go off the assumption that she is resting well at home." 

Armin and Eren began to make their way to the cafe just a few meters away from them. 

"She probably left the house and is working out at the gym." Eren began. 

"Or she's reading over the revised positon paper she got to finish her homework." Armin said. 

Eren sighed and looked towards Armin, Mikasa's been sleeping at a later time than usual. Although I don't know why, "Even if she tries to fall asleep it doesn't really work that way for her."