CHAPTER II

Clouds appear to move fast in the bright, clear sky. Enormous countless trees stand firm before me, birds chirping faintly while resting on the thick stems. And I felt a short breeze that made my hair a little messy.

Hmm. I think the wyldwood seems so peaceful right now.

I turned to sheath my daggers back when:

"Helppp! Help me!!!" Someone cried.

Who's that?

I ran as fast as I could on where the sound was coming from. Dodging the gigantic trees and ducking at their stems, ignoring the crushing sound everytime I stepped on the withered leaves.

I heard the voice again. "Nooo!" It was closer this time.

And then there it was, I saw a pile of goblins circled around. I quickly ran at the back of a thick-trunked tree to hide myself from the goblins' view.

"Bring it inside. Let's eat it for dinner." The largest goblin ordered, he was probably their leader, I thought.

When the goblins started to scatter around, I saw their prey. It was a Winter Faery, but he looks young. A preteen, maybe?

I burst out from my hiding spot. "Hey, freaks!" Then all their gazes were fixed on me.

The goblin leader raised an eyebrow, but I still continued. "Release the faery now, or else..."

"Or else what?" Another goblin answered sarcastically.

I shook my head and chuckled, "Or else, I'm going to let you feel...this!"

I threw my daggers at those angry-looking goblins and slashed them one by one. Some of them lose their hands, feet, and even their heads. And then my daggers came back to my hands again like a boomerang.

Only the goblin leader was left unharmed. He looked so funny with that 'I'm shook' face. "Enjoying the show, eh?" I asked him with a laugh. "Wanna try?"

Before I could go near him, he ran away into the forest, then became smaller and smaller until he vanished into my sight.

"Huh, so terrified. Doesn't even know how to fight."

Wait. Where's the Winter kiddo?

I heard a faint rustling sound of leaves in the corner, then I turned to face it.

"Come out there lil' fella, don't be afraid. The monsters are already gone." I chuckled as I sheathed my daggers back.

I walked towards the moving bushes, and saw the faery staring at me. "You...you saved me. You saved my life." He muttered nervously.

I held his arm to help him stand up. "Of course, kid. You could've gotten yourself eaten by the goblins." Then I found out that his hands were tied together with a rope. I untied it easily.

"I... I think I have to go now." He said, still sounding so traumatized. "My mother said that I shouldn't talk to someone from the Summer Court."

"Why is that? And why are you here all by yourself? What if someone would try to kill you again?"

The kid frowns at me with his intense silver eyes. I could feel the coldness around him. "And why is that you have so many questions?"

I didn't expect that for an answer. Especially to a child like him.

"Oh well, see ya next time kid!" I rubbed his messy, black hair before he turned to leave.

"Wait." I called him back and he turns to me. "Don't get yourself harmed again, ice-boy."

"I won't. I promise." He said, emphasizing the word promise.