Chapter 24- The Reunion

Loki

I spent the following night of Lyla's arrival, tossing and turning. My body ached and my mind was reeling. Gasps frequently escaped my mouth due to my clenching stomach. I felt so deeply sick about Lyla I couldn't sleep. I knew Odin had spoke to her and my lies were quickly unfurling. I didn't know how Lyla was going to react or what Odin had in mind for Lyla.

I tossed my body to the left, my covers following. I groaned in most annoyance then fled from my bed, entering into the empty, dark corridor. The stone floor was cold against my bare feet and it was barely lightened by the glow of the post wall fires. After I wandered for quite some time, I retreated onto a balcony. A balcony that was not vacant.

I froze immediately, making out a figure leaning over the stone banister. It was a thick, large body, and it had long hair. It was Thor. I debated on whether or not to approach him, but I concluded that maybe company was what I needed.

I found home next to Thor, mirroring his position. He did not jump when I randomly materialized from the midst of the darkness, he was probably used to it, he only nodded at me, then looked back into the endless starry sky.

"Couldn't sleep?" Thor spoke after a painless silence.

I glanced at him and nodded,"Too much to think about. And you?"

"I never sleep brother. I have my mortal to look after." Thor answered, his voice deep and husky.

I never liked the idea of Thor being fond of a human. It was almost abnormal. But there was something Thor possessed, that I wished I had. I think it was love.

"I'm sorry...about what I did to her. I had no intention to kill her." I apologized, the brief memory of Jane Foster in my grasps as I held a knife to her neck.

"I've always admired your mischief Loki. I've been jealous of it, it's never something I could do. But that doesn't mean I admire your rash actions Loki." He said, never giving me eye contact. I couldn't tell if his tone was forgiving. Just like Odin's, his voice was monotone.

I had nothing to say. I was only surprised by the fact that Thor had a reason to be jealous of me. He was always the better one. He was the prized possession of my parents. I was just...Loki.

"And what about your Mortal? How is she?" Thor asked placing his eyes upon me. This only sent another wave of surprise on me.

"My mortal?" I almost choked.

Thor's eyebrows slightly creased due to my reaction. "Yes, Lyla."

I let out a delayed breath then looked away, my cheeks heating. "She's not my mortal. I belong to nobody."

"But you do...like her?" Thor wondered, assumingly.

"That's debatable." I replied plainly. I had no desire to share my feelings with Thor, or anyone. Lyla was my own secret.

Thor chuckled to himself, then turned his back to the sky, leaning his spine against the banister. "You've never been the one to show feelings brother."

"Feelings are a weakness. It can be used against you. I won't let that happen to me." I snapped, almost defensively.

Thor nudged my chin with his fingers and I wrinkled my nose at him. "That sullen disguise can't hide everything. I saw the way you looked at her. I heard the way you defended her. There is some sort of feeling there. And I'm pretty sure it is positive." Thor was obviously smiling while proving me wrong.

I huffed then rolled my eyes. "She's just a friend Thor. Nothing more."

"So if father ordered-"

"He's not my father!" I raged, my nose crinkling in disgust and my voice echoing down the Asgard Throne. My blood boiled unfailingly every time someone considered Odin as my father. Odin was not my father.

Thor gripped my shoulders. "Stop pretending that your childhood didn't happen. Stop pretending that Odin, Frigga, and I didn't care. Give up your poisonous dreams!"

"I'm not pretending!" I growled, shoving him off me and stalking to the other side of the balcony. "Odin was the one who pretended to be my father. And you pretended to be my brother."

"I wasn't pretending!" Thor exclaimed. "None of us were. We loved you, and you loved us back. What happened to that Loki? What happened to the Loki that loved?" Thor neared me.

"There is no room to love in my heart." I stated, my voice quietly echoing into my own ears.

I could feel Thor's words stumble down my neck, hot and thick. "You say so, but I think that is your biggest pretend." Then he fled from my presence.

****

"Goodmorning sir."

My eyes unintentionally shot open, and my fingers gripped my surroundings with terror. "Who's there!" I yelped in alarm.

A voice from the far corner of the room echoed. "I'm sorry sir. I'm just here to bring you your breakfast." My eyes followed the voice until I spotted a short servant by the door. I had almost forgotten I wasn't on Earth anymore, I barely realized I was in my own room.

"Oh. Well, bring it here. And get my clothes." I muttered, pulling my sheets from my bed closer to my body.

The servant nodded then scurried towards me, handing me the tray of food. She practically shivered in my presence and she did not make eye contact with me either. None of the servants did, they weren't allowed to.

I set the tray aside and watched as the woman collected my allotted clothes for the day, set then on my bed, then left quietly. When I was sure she was gone, I stumbled out of bed and pulled on my clothes. Abandoning my breakfast, I left my room immediately; I needed to talk to Lyla.

Not wanting to be seen, or have the discomfort of having a morning greeting, I hurried my way down to the dungeons, and permitted entry into her cell.

I wouldn't admit it to myself but I was scared. This was the first time I had gone to visit Lyla in her cell and I didn't know how she'd react. I was almost positive she'd be furious. But I was wrong.

When I entered the cell, she froze. Then she fell into my arms in a hug. I was taken back but the sudden move, she'd never hugged me before. But I didn't hesitate to hug her back.

When she released me, I was no longer safe. I had to tell her I was sorry, and that I lied...and that she was in danger. She wasn't angry, only scared. But I promised her everything would be alright, and I'd fix everything with Odin.

As I spoke to Lyla, someone else had entered the room. She spoke ever so softly, but I recognized the voice immediately.

I turned around, hesitantly, hoping my ears had deceived me, but they hasn't. Redessa stood before me, just like she had years before. I found myself whispering her name.

A sudden cold ran down my spine as a memory fled through my mind. Mixed emotions filled my body and I couldn't be there anymore. I could look at Redessa any longer.

I told Lyla goodbye, and without another word I left. As I brushed passed Redessa, her familiar scent tickled my nose, which only concluded in me running out of the dungeons and back into my room.

I chewed into my lower lip until it was raw. Never did I think I'd see Redessa again. It was almost as if shrewd a figment of my imagination. But she was real. She was all too real.

A/N: Ooooooh, so who exactly do you guys think Redessa is? What do you think Redessa's background is with Loki? Comment your thoughts :)

(THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!)

-SunDanielle