Marked - Part One

Raven started to tremble as she thought of what his father said.

"Strong demons need mates to help control their powers, mine was your mother. But she would try to take full control and won't even let me use them." he growled angrily. He sighed then continued, "Which means you'll have a mate too. But if you aren't getting marked by him until you're eighteen, you'll slowly wither away and die."

"What do you mean 'wither away'?"

"You slowly loose your senses."

A knock snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Friend Raven? The others have requested all of us in the room of common."

"Alright Starfire! I'll be right there!"

She sighed and quickly pulled on her cloak and went off.

"HAPPY EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY RAVEN!!!" a shout greeted her as she went in. But she didn't even flinch or smile.

The others seemed to shrug it off and let her eat cake. Then gave her presents and after all of the commotion, she excused herself to meditate at the roof.

She sat at the side with her uncovered legs dangling off. She groaned then heard a distant crash. She sighed trying to calm her emotions before she breaks something again.

"My powers are going out of control... If I don't find him and make him mark me, I'll die and everyone might die because of my uncontrolled powers." she muttered to herself.

"Wait, mark? Isn't that an animal thing?"

She gasped and turned around to see Beast Boy who seemed far but heard it all with his advanced animal hearing.

"It's also a demon thing..." she answered.

"So... demons mark each other? Like wolves?" he asked sitting beside her.

She just nodded and stared off into the distance.

"And... if you don't get marked..." he muttered in thought.

"I'd go blind or deaf and slowly die with uncontrollable powers. My powers would be too dangerous and someone might get hurt." she said.

"Can't... just anyone mark you?"

She nodded, "They can and it would work the same way, but problem is this... They need to bite me to mark me. A demon would bite me with sharp teeth where they pour their venom in my bloodstream making it clear I'm their mate. It's either that or I would bite him, but I inherited my mother's non-sharp teeth so that's impossible. And not just anyone has that kind of teeth."

"Should we tell Robin to start a search or somethin'?" he asked with a slight shrug.

"No, I... want to wait for a while..."

"Oh, alright..."

"Please don't tell anyone about this. I don't want them to get worried." she said with sad eyes.

"Sure, Rae."

She smiled, "Thank you, Gar."

Beast Boy was taken aback, for multiple reasons.

1, She called him Gar
2, She said Thank You
3, She smiled
4, Nothing broke or blew up