xiv.

we aren't closing in, not one tiny bit.
we are like parallel lines.

***

The face of the cafe's manager slowly turned dull looking at Yerin. "You're quitting?"

Yerin faked a smile but sadness was still evident, however. "Well, yeah. I guess."

The manager understood Yerin after all. With her finally graduating, she would really have to leave this job and focus on the dream she initially signed up life for. Working in a cafe was fun, but it would be way much delightful to work by your own endeavor.

The other staffs just got slightly attached to her due to her bright personality but they sure are proud of her and even promised to root for her in the future.

Yerin was about to end the meeting but their cook hurriedly took off her apron and ran to give Yerin a quick embrace. "YERIIIIIIN! YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO!"  She faked to sniff.

"Hana unnie," She struggled to get off of Hana's almost-suffocating hug so she could talk. "It's alright, we could still miss each other on twitter."

Hana pulled away from the hug and wiped pre-tears with Yerin smiling at her. "I'll directly message you every second as you wish, alright?" She comforted.

"Thanks, Yerin. I'll never forget you." Hana swiftly brushed the bottom of her eye and continued faking her sobs.

Yerin sheepishly chuckled. "Come on, unnie, don't be dramatic. It's not like we won't see each other again."

"Who knows?"

***

"You've got the jackpot from the end of the rainbow, Yerin!" Sowon playfully fists Yerin's shoulder as she chugs on her cola.

Yerin furrowed her brows and nudges the older. "What do you mean?"

"I'm so happy for you, Yelinie!" Eunha squealed, pressing both of Yerin's cheeks hard and sways her face from side to side to match the aegyo-ish tone. "You really weren't joking when you said you'll one day end up with your Taehyongie. Uh-huh! The real winner of the fangirl labyrinth here."

"Stop with that annoying voice, Jung Eunbi." Yerin made a grimace. "And! First off, I'm not his girlfri—"

"Stop refusing, you!" ShinB laughed. "Not with your never ending love for him, you don't."

"But I'm really not—"

Sowon held Yerin's shoulders together. "Welcome to the family, Yerin Jung. We've long waited for you to join us." She winked. "Shall we do the loyalty pledge?"

"Listen, I'm honestly not Kim Taehyung's girlfriend!"

Yuju made a menacing face. "Normally, you'll claim him shamelessly and shove up our throats how you and Taehyung would one day fall for each other, get married and have, like, 20 kids for each gender thus now you're ironically declaring the opposite."

"It's... different." Yerin muttered as she buries her face in both of her hands. "Things are getting real now."

"Do you mean... you're in love with Tae romantically now?" Sowon asked, putting a shoulder beside Yerin's arm

Yerin sat quiet. She remained voiceless for a few time measurements and even after Eunha speaks.

"Well, think about it really carefully, Yerin. Before it goes a little bit further. Before you get yourself hurt. For a person who has been like that for a first time, I don't think you could even bear."

Yerin thought she already views Taehyung as a man before, but she is precise that everything has changed. She thought feelings couldn't get any stronger since she already reached the end of the maze, but little does she know there's still this hidden door only visible to few.