The Merman in The Lost City

i cannot believe my eyes. i see a castle in the sea. it's broken & surrounded by debris. i'm currently on a boat, moving around the sea, close to the shore for a little bit of calm. and suddenly i come across a fucking castle to the far right ...in the sea? i stare and i stare herd. there seems to be more to where i'm looking than just the castle.

i immediately put on my goggles and remove my shirt, ready to swim. i leap down and the water consumes me. i move my arms a little to stay afloat. through the bubbles, i see the castle. but it appears so...distant. like it's not in front of me, but... in a different dimension? i don't know, i feel myself getting a little drowsy. suddenly, i feel a strong hold around my waist & i shriek. i struggle & violently move my arms and legs but there's no oxygen left to help me fight. gradually, i start to feel lethargic, the anxiety starts to settle down. my body goes limp & it feels peaceful. Then, blackness takes over.

i open my eyes to see a pair of wide green eyes and scream. the face hovering above me jerks back.

"wow," he says in a deep voice, "chill."

bubbles leave his mouth when he talks.

i sit up.

i focus on the shirtless guy next to me. he has a beautiful face with sharp features. green eyes, angular nose, chiseled jaw & shoulder-length, dark hair.

i notice something else that makes me scream louder.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE A TAIL?!" iimmediately get up, causing bubbles to pop, but start to feel drowsy and lean against a wall. my heart is pounding and so is my head.

the pretty boy swims to me & rolls his eyes.

"i'm a merman, genius. my name's harry styles. yours?" the guy flashes a charming, dimpled smile that i instantly find attractive.

"louis tomlinson," i let slip & regret it. did I just tell this sketchy merman my name?

"look," i begin with an aggressive tone, "if this is a joke, stop. tell me what's going on."

harry chuckles. "it's not a joke." he crosses his arms. "you should thank me. i saved you."

i roll my eyes & look around. i'm surrounded my debris & stood under an arch. and i'm breathing. underwater.

is this a dream? or am i dead & this is what heaven looks like? was it time to die and was i just swimming to my death? or maybe this is hell & this merman's satan and everything will turn into a pit of fire?

"ok..." I say, trying to sound calm but freaking out. "what am I doing here?"

"you were attacked," the merman begins, wandering around & bringing a tiara out of sea weed, placing it on his head. "but I saved you."

i can't help but find him extremely cute with that tiara on his head and how he moves about like a princess.

jesus, louis. focus.

harry continues," you're in atlantis." he twirls with his arms out. "and once you get here, once you see it," he stops & looks at me, now serious. "there's no going back."

blood leaves my face & my ears start ringing. "what?!" Panic sets in. "no!! i have a mother & sisters!"

harry bites his lower lip & looks sympathetic.

i growl with tears in my eyes & punch the wall next to me, scaring harry.

he sighs. "ok, don"t cry. i'll try & get you out."

i look up. "how?"

"follow me."

i do. i have no choice. he leads me through a building which is completely dark, causing harry's tail to shimmer.