15

"here's the pill to reduce the hangover :)
―yong hwa."

the first thing that caught my eyes as i was about to grab my phone on the night stands.

i hate myself for what i have done to her. i hate myself for being a coward to confess my feelings to her when we were in the high school.

i'm not drunk.

all of those scenes were set up. the girl, i'm getting drunk and jungkook.

but just now i heard a slap.

dang,daemi was being harsh on her.

it was so devastating to hear her crying in the car and turned the volume louder so that i won't hear her crying.

she looked so fragile just now. i just want to hug her,kiss her,pamper her,cradle her, and love her but i need to control myself before i messed everything up.

sejeong told me that she talked about the rectangular smile kid topic and she immediately texted me that day.

my sister is creepy as fuck. she threatened me by doing the things that i hate if i didn't tell yong hwa that kid is me.

she told me that she will buy various types of insects and placed them on my bed and in my cars.

a notification comes and unlocked my phone to see sejeong's text.

"she's at my place. she looks so messed,taehyung. what have you done brother?"

i read her text over and over.

i am the one that triggered this to happen.

i started to hate myself.

without wasting time,i quickly put on my white t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants then grabbed my car keys.

heading to sejeong's apartment.

if it is weekend,both of us are going to stick with our parents at my parents' house.

i'm not going to give you up this time,bae yong hwa.

"sejeong-ah." she threw herself into my embrace after i swung my apartment's door and i quickly pulled her into my room.

after placing her on the couch,my eyes caught a very familiar box right on the doorway.

"this is a big present box. what's inside here?" i recognize that big box so well,just like i know my brother.

"don't play dumb with me sejeong,all of those are your brother's stuff." she wiped her tears and curled up on my couch.

she is my bestfriend and it hurts me so much to see her like this.

without hesitation,i quickly type a quick message to my brother and answered yong hwa.

"well,what are you going to do with them?"

"dispose them? throw them away? or burn them. i don't know,as long as i didn't see them anymore."

"yong hwa-ah,please don't be like this." i approached her and sit on the floor,caressed her long brown hair.

the next thing she told me really like a bombshell.

"he has a girlfriend,sejeong."

"what? no way." i chuckled awkwardly and she turned her body and faced me.

"yes! i pick him from the club just now and w-with a bitch next to him and she proudly told me that she is taehyung's girlfriend."

"i have no idea about that." i shrugged my shoulders and eyed my bestfriend with the guiltiness started forming inside me.

"she even slapped me." i looked at her and i am lost for words as i saw a dark purple bruise on her bottom lips.

"oh my god. how can she do that to you?" she moved from the couch and my eyes followed her.

"where are you going?"

"to the river. do you have a lighter?"

my apartment is located near a small river and nervousness started taking over me.

"w-what are you going to do?"

what if she burned herself then throw herself into the river?

"i'm not going to kil myself,kim sejeong,i'm not that desperate until i want to commit suicide. i love myself,you know?" she sniffed and rubbed her eyes.

"it's good to hear it. wait for me,i'll take it for you."

i handed the lighter to her and gave her a quick hug.

"you know what, i am straight but i love you so much bae yong hwa,you are the best thing that had came into my life." tears welled up in my eyes.

"oh shit the dust." i wiped the almost fall tears and we chuckled.

"listen yong hwa,―" i hold her shoulders and facing her with a serious face right now.

"―don't do the things that are playing in your mind this moment. ignore them. i don't care if you shut all people out,included me,as long as you can calm you beautiful mind down. remember,i'm right here. me,kim sejeong,always be right by your side,bae yong hwa." she formed her lips into a thin line to hold her tears.

how about me? my tears already streaming down my cheeks like a waterfall and i didn't even think of wiping them away.

tears of friendship.

"wow,i never thought that you would be like this." she opened her mouth and wiped away the almost fall tears from her eyes.

i pulled away my hand and followed her gesture.

"well,your bestfriend can beat all the philosophers in this world." i crossed my hand on my chest. she rolled her eyes and smiled at me.

"how do you feel right now? do you need to go to the river?"

"i'm okay but i need to breath in some fresh air and dispose these things." she pointed at the box and i nodded my head.

"okay,just be careful,it's kinda dark outside."

"obviously." she answered me.

"you are lucky because your friend cares about you,okay?"

"i know,i know,thanks sejeong-ie."

"hey!" i shouted at her. she turned around and narrowed her eyes at me.

"what?"

"i always play bishop briggs-river everytime i went there." i smiled at her.

she raised her eyebrow.

"oh her! shut your mouth and run me like a river."

"ayeee! that's my yong hwa!"

"of course,the one and only." then she turned around and walked away.

my eyes followed her until her petite figure disappeared as she stepped out of my house with the box and the lighter in her hand.