3장

"Some people are just born with a disgusting personality I guess," Doeun mumbled while she watched Bona pack two hamburgers and salads into a paper box. "Hand me those drinks please," Bona said while Doeun continued to talk about Seo Danbi. "I'll be back in five," Bona said, pointing to the stairs at the back of the room leading into her families apartment upstairs. "Greet the old man from me," Doeun said while greeting the new customers that just entered the diner.

Bona walked through the guest room, past the table where the witch and her friends sat when one of Danbi's friends looked up. "Excuse me?" He asked Bona when she walked past. She quickly stopped in her tracks and turned to him. With a bow, she showed him she was listening. "We're ready to order." He said and Bona nodded. "I'll quickly deliver this and be with ye in a second." She smiled and walked up the stairs.

"That's the shop owner." Seo Danbi told the boy. "I read a lot about this shop before actually coming here." She continued and wiped a streak of hair out of her face.

"Her father and mother build the Diner to the fame it is now but a few years ago that girl took it over

"Her father and mother build the Diner to the fame it is now but a few years ago that girl took it over. I guess there was something with her father or so. Because my Mother told me her mother died-" - "You shouldn't judge people for their job, Danbi." A man said and looked up from his phone. Danbi rolled her eyes. "What do you mean, Jaehwan?" Danbi asked and Jaehwan shook his shoulders. "I mean you shouldn't judge someone for doing something as their job." Kim Jaehwan simply stated and continued looking at his phone.

Danbi blew up her cheeks at that and looked away from her group of friends when Bona came down the stairs again and walked straight up to their table. "I can take your order now." She smiled and jotted down the orders of Danbi and Jaehwan's friends.

"I'll take a Double Cheeseburger, large fries, and a banana milkshake," Jaehwan said and leaned down to the menu. "Excuse me, whats this?" He asked and Bona leaned down to look at what Jaehwan was pointing at on the menu. While doing so, she could smell his cologne and blink twice. "T-That's our S-Special Menu," Bona explained. "It's a regular burger, medium fries, a milkshake for half the price and a piece of cake for free." The waitress spoke and Jaehwan smiled.

"Then I'd rather take this. What kind of cakes are you offering today?" "We have the Humphrey Bogart a rich Blueberry-Sour-Cream-Coffee cake," Bona said and Jaehwan nodded. "Then I'll try this." Bona nodded and wrote down the boy's order before turning to the last remaining person.

The Witch.

Seo Danbi moved her hands through her hair once more and Bona tried to smile but that girl was getting on her nerves with her endless hair-caressing. "I'd like a salad." She said and Bona nodded, turning the pages of her menu to the salad menu. "We have the Marylin Monroe, a colorful salad with a rich yogurt dressing. Or the-" - "I'd like a simple salad." - "The James Dean has a Balsamico dress-"

"You know what? Just give me a few cleaned leaves of green salad and a sparkling water. Thank you." Danbi whistled and Bona blinked. "J-Just leaves?" She asked and Danbi nodded. "Thank you." She repeated and touched her hair once more. Bona looked at her order and furrowed her eyebrows while walking towards the kitchen.

Daehwan was laughing when he saw the order. "Just salad? Without any dressing?" He asked and Bona nodded. "Seems like that." She said and walked back to the coffee bar, where Doeun was still eyeing Danbi and her friends. 

"How was it? Did she gave you a hard time?" Doeun asked her friend, wrapping an arm around Bona's shoulder. "She only ordered Salad," Bona said while preparing the drinks for the Witche's table. "Would you mind preparing two Banana milkshakes?" She asked while filling two glasses with Cider. "Sure," Doeun said and walked to the other counter, taking a few bananas and cutting them into small pieces.

Bona's eyes wandered back to the table in the back. The boy with the nice cologne was standing up from the table with his phone in his hands, taking pictures of the interior of the Diner. "Ya! Yi Bona!" Doeun yelled when she realized the cider spilling all over Bona's hands.

"Where are you with your thoughts, dimwit?!" She asked when she followed Bona's eyes to Cologne-Boy.

"Did you seriously got distracted by a boy?" Doeun asked when Bona had calmed herself and had wiped the mess she had made

"Did you seriously got distracted by a boy?" Doeun asked when Bona had calmed herself and had wiped the mess she had made. "I'm sorry, ok? He had a nice smelling cologne and-" - "Here's your milkshakes, boo." Doeun said with a grin and Bona sighed, putting all the drinks on the tray and carrying them over to the booth Witch and her friends were sitting.

"Your food will be finished any second." Bona smiled and gave each customer their drink. "Could I have a straw as well?" Seo Danbi asked and Bona nodded, hugging the tray and turning around to get a straw for her when she bumped into someone.

Bona quickly looked up and blushed. It was the cute boy with the nice cologne that had just taken pictures of YEBIN'S DINER. What Bona only realized now, was that the boy had caught her. "Are you okay?" He asked with a slight smile and Bona widened her eyes even more, before bowing. "I'm sorry." She said and rushed away, cheeks burning hot. Jaehwan chuckled watching her hide behind the coffee bar.

"Kim Jaehwan!" One of his friends called and he looked at him. "You just stole the waitresses heart with your gentleman act!" The boy laughed only to get slapped by Seo Danbi. "What are you even saying! You know exactly who Jaehwan likes." Danbi pouted but Jaehwan was still looking at the waitresses head behind the coffee bar.

"Daehwan-oppa, please. You have to bring out the food and the straw! I can't embarrass myself more, please!" Bona begged once Daehwan had rung the bell showing that the food was done. "Hell no." The cook said. "I'm dirty from cooking and I definitely will not walk through the whole room to bring out these foods." Daehwan explained and walked back to hide in the kitchen. Bona only pouted and took the big tray and a straw to bring it to Seo Danbi and the cute cologne guy.