The Diner

When the boys were done with a hunt in Naperville they decided to stop at a diner on their way back to the hotel. Castiel was going to meet them there but who was already there, they were not expecting. But they weren't there for the boys.

Inside the diner there was a short, fragile, young girl who had her nose stuck in a book. She was wearing a black leather jacket that hid the one thing that made her different from everyone else. Her Avengers shirt looked torn and old but not to mention dirty; the blue jeans she was wearing were tattered and ripped; her wavy brown hair barely reached her chest. The book she was reading looked like she'd read it a thousand times.

Sam, Dean, and Castiel walked into the diner which caused the bell to go off. The girl looked up for a second because of the sound. Surprised by who she saw, she looked back to her book before looking back up again. Two of the three men looked exactly like the men in her book, the other one had wings that only she appeared to be able to see.

The three ordered their food (mainly just Sam and Dean) and went to sit down at a different table but she caught their attention and gestured for them to sit down with her. It was a shy gesture but they saw it and came over to her. She set the book down as Dean sat next to her and Sam and Castiel sat across from her.

"Hi." She greeted shyly. Sam smiled at her as Dean held up his hand in a wave type way. Castiel stared at her which made her shrink back into her seat.

"Thanks for letting us sit with you." Sam said.

"It was nothing."

"Dean Winchester." Dean greeted. She smiled a little.

"Sam Winchester." The younger brother greeted. Castiel didn't say anything, he just continued to stare at her.

"Emma Park." Her voice was quiet and soft but it made the Winchesters want to protect her for some reason. "Quick question, is everything in the book true?" She asked, the Winchesters now seeing the book she was reading.

"You're reading that." Dean stated. She nodded slightly. "Why?"

"It's interesting and. . . close to home." She whispered the last part and because her voice was already so quiet no one heard her. "But that doesn't answer the question."

"Yes." They answered. She nodded slightly.

"Do you know about angels?" They nodded. "Then you know the other guy has wings, right?"

"Yeah, he's an angel too- wait. You can see his wings?"

"Yeah?" She said but it came out as a question. Castiel looked over at Dean.

"She's a nephilim." He stated. Emma looked away as her expression changed to a pained one. "Though I don't know who she's the offspring of. She seems to be different from most I've heard of."

"Why's that?" Sam asked, looking over at the small, fragile, young girl that sat across from him.

"You can see her wings." Sam and Dean looked at her, studying her this time instead of just looking.

"Uh, Cas, I don't see wings." Emma sighed.

"My jacket hides them."

"Really?" She nodded. Dean nodded to himself.

While they were talking Sam and Dean were eating so by the time they wrapped up their conversation they were done. Dean looked down at his plate before looking at Emma. "C'mon. We're taking you with us."

A look of pure horror washed over Emma's face as the three men got up. Because she didn't want to be rude, she got up and followed them out. The four walked out in front of the Impala and stood around it. Castiel was watching to see what she would do; Sam and Dean just stood there; Emma wrapped her arms around herself and stood there awkwardly.

"Show us your wings." Dean commanded.

"Dean!" Sam complained. The older hunter rolled his eyes. "Can you show us your wings?" Emma looked at the three men before shouldering her jacket. Once it was off, her small but beautiful white wings stretched out before wrapping around her arms.

"How come we can see them?" Dean asked.

"I'm not sure." The angel answered truthfully. Emma looked between the three of them.

"You're not going to make fun of me?" She asked it in the same way she introduced herself but now the Winchesters wanted to wrap her in a hug.

"Why would we make fun of you?" Sam asked. Emma shrugged a little, her wings tightening a little around her.

"Because everyone else does." Castiel's expression softened.

"How old are you?"

"13."

"You actually look 13." Emma looked up at Dean, confused.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"No reason." Dean unlocked the car. "C'mon, get in." Emma's eyes widened a little.

"You want me to come with you?" Dean nodded. "No one's ever wanted me to come with them." The Winchesters and Castiel smiled.

Dean got into the drivers seat, Sam sat in the passengers, which left Castiel and Emma in the backseat. Emma left her jacket off so she laid it on her lap like a blanket, her wings stayed wrapped around her to keep her warm. It had been almost twenty-four hours since she last slept so she curled up on the seat.

"Where are we going?" She asked a second before yawning. Sam turned to look at her and had to smile at how she was sitting. She looked like a cat because she was in a ball on the seat, no seat-belt.

"Our bunker in Kansas. When's the last time you slept?" Emma hummed a little as she opened her eyes, she had closed them a second ago.

"What time is it now?" Sam looked back at his phone to check the time.

"6 o'clock." Emma stretched a little before yawning out her answer.

"About twenty-four hours ago." Sam and Dean exchanged glances. "How long will it take us to get to this bunker?"

"Between nine to ten hours so why don't you go to bed?" Emma nodded a little.

"Mkay." Emma closed her eyes and quickly let sleep take over her.

Castiel looked at her and smiled before bringing Emma's small frame closer to him and laying her head on his lap. He snapped a blanket onto her before running his fingers through her hair a little. It's was tangled and dirty, she looked like she had been sleeping on the streets.

"We have to protect her." The angel stated. Dean looked at him in the rear-view mirror. "She's a nephilim, Dean. Who knows how many angels have been after her already and how many will go after her." Sam and Dean nodded. "Besides-" Castiel stroked her cheek. "-she does grow on you." Sam smiled and Dean smirked.

"We'll protect her, Cas. Don't worry."