Shadows move too...

Shadows. Dark, silent shadows. They are everywhere. Under furniture, in cracks, past corners. Behind us. Shadows are, depending on the position of the light, behind us. But they always do what we do, right? Well... Not always. At least, not for me....

The first time I experienced this was 3 years ago, and I carried on. It still hasn't stopped. Every now and then it does it again, but I'm used to it...

Anyways, back to the story. Back to 3 years ago.

I was with my friend and roommate, Gale, we were walking back to our dorms after an incredibly long English lecture and another hour of studying in the library for exams, when we had passed by a lamp post. Now that would have been normal if I had seen my shadow with me when walking by. But I didn't. It just wasn't there. At first I thought it was just the position of the light, and my theory was confirmed when I turned back around and saw my shadow do what it normally does: follow me.

"What's wrong Tia?" Gale asked when she noticed I had turned around.

"Nothing. Just thought I saw something." I decided not to tell Gale, 'cause I didn't want her to freak. (Weird things have been happening to her lately. Like cold feelings and all that horrr movie ish).

"It... was probably j-just a squirrel." Gale mumbled, seeming quite unsure about her statement. Though I wouldn't blame her.

"Y-yeah. Let's head back. It's getting cold." With that we went back to our dorm and fell asleep

After that it kept occurring more frequently. When practicing a dance, painting, playing an instrument, reading, or even just sitting around talking! The list went on and on and on, to the point it where it just kept going on for about a week. The thing is,right before that week starting, the 'condition' changed. It wasn't just my shadow disappearing, it would move around doing things I wasn't doing at that moment. One that occurred often was I would sit down and it would walk or vice versa.

Gale had noticed it too but since it wasn't a dangerous occurrence (unlike the other things we've experienced) we let it slide. It slowly started to subside but not to the point it disappeared.

It still bugs me to this day but I've gotten used to it. I'm actually thankful that it doesn't do this out in public places and especially at work ('cause you know it would be awkward to have a whole room of people stare at you while your shadow is just casually strolling away from you).

I still feel uneasy with it around, but there's nothing it can do to me. Right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey ppl! I'm sorry I didn't update! GCSE's take up a hella lot of your time ya know. This is more of a creepy and light story compared to my others. It was actually inspired by Lindsey Stirling's song Shadows. (Sorry if I spelt the name wrong) Check out her songs, they're awesome. I'll try to update not often now but I don't thing I'll be able to, it depends on the about of work I get. Hope you liked this chapter, please read, comment, and vote! By my little horror lovers 🖖🏻🖤⚰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~