➸ action/adventure: winner

Congratulations to the first place winner in the action/adventure genre!

Title: Dawn of Corruption

Author: teklis

Synopsis:

In the realm of Valeron, the millenniums have been marked by the rule of powerful dragons. A new age has dawned with the first mortal to bring peace and security to its inhabitants. Through uniting the other kingdoms within the region of Sindara, the age of Kaegar Castlebreaker began. However, the capitol city of Caastigen is now embroiled in a civil war with the Free Tribes, a conglomeration of powerful beasts, clans, and small villages. The realm now stands on the precipice of complete ruin, or even the crumbling of the age itself.

Amidst this unnatural war, four strangers wake within the besieged city of Caastigen; Alisandra, a half-elf woman with a musical talent empowered by magic, Sir Calvorn a wretched knight clinging to his honor, Bromli a dwarf caught up in his own viewpoint and contraptions, and Vadik a half-orc druid hell-bent on dolling out justice to the guilty. Tyriel, a secretive elf ranger seeking to find a way to free his mother, infers that greater forces are at work in this war and asks for their help.

Bereft of their memories, the group sets out on a quest to retrieve a powerful relic, the Trident of Fate, which contains the power to see the past, present, and future. This ancient weapon may be the key to ending the war and returning their memories, but as their own pasts unfold, will knowing how their lives have led to this journey help them to know who to trust, or will they collide and try to destroy each other.

Judge's comments:

Excellently written! Fun and spellbinding! Make magic actually appear in the flipping of pages! Makes reader want to know more ... absolutely engaging!