Chapter 4

After showering, Luka said goodnight to Cordelia and Pierce before heading off back to his bedroom, only to find Olivia fast asleep in his bed. He sighed and slipped into bed. Olivia turned over and slowly woke up. "Liv, you know you can't always sleep in my bed." Luka whispered as he pulled her on top of his chest when he laid down on his back. "I know. I just couldn't sleep." She whispered back. "Why not?" He asked. She shrugged was her only answer. "Liv. Is something bothering you?" He asked her. After a second, she nodded.

He sat up slowly and looked down at Olivia. "What?" He asked. She shrugged again. He sighed and carried out of his bedroom and out into the living room. "What's wrong?" He asked and sat down on the couch. "Never-mind." She said and looked down. She tried getting out of his grip but he didn't let her go. "Olivia." He said. She sniffled. "I know you're not sleeping well." She said and looked at him with tear filled eyes. He sighed. "Don't worry about me, Liv. Okay? I'm fine." He told her. She started to cry more and slide onto his lap and hugged him. "Liv." He sighed and held her.

"I'm sorry, Luka. I'm sorry." She sobbed. Luka kissed her hair. It pained him to hear her cry. "Don't be. I just don't want you to worry about me. Okay? I'm a big boy. I can take care of myself." He told her and kissed her hair. "But you're my brother." She said and wiped her nose.

There was a knock on the door. Luka stiffened. Even with a door and him several feet from the door, he could smell the person outside. It was an unknown scent to him. But yet so familiar. Cordelia walked out of the bedroom and looked at the door. She hesitantly walked up to it and opened it to reveal the one person Luka never wanted to see again.

"Hello, sir. Is something the matter as to why you're knocking at almost two in the morning?" She asked the man at the door. "Don't let him in." Luka said. Cordelia looked over at Luka and Olivia on the couch. "One, why are you two up? Again, it's two in the morning and you should be in your beds. And two, why not?" Cordelia asked sternly.

Luka started shaking. "Luka? Luka!" Olivia said mostly because she sensed her older brother and best friend was scared and shaking but partially because he had accidentally gripped her a little too hard.

Cordelia sensed there was something wrong and looked at the man. "I'm sorry for being such a nuisance, but I think you have something of mine." The man smirked and glanced over at Luka. Cordelia blocked the man's view of Luka. "You can't have him. He's my son." Cordelia growled. But the man just pushed her out of the way like a rag doll and knocked her out cold. "Mama!" Olivia screamed and ran over to her.

Luka stumbled back from the couch and crawled away from the man. "No.. no.. it can't be.. no.. no.." Luka cried and tried to run away but the man grabbed him. "Stay away from him! Stay away from Luka!" Olivia screamed. Pierce rushed in. Pierce saw the man and instantly attacked. "Stay away from my son!" Pierce yelled in the man's face when he had him pinned down on the floor. Pierce was snarling at him. "Your son?" The man laughed. He grabbed Pierce by the neck and threw him off easily. "He's my son." He said.

Luka was paralyzed. The man he hadn't seen in two years was hurting his family and he wasn't able to do anything about it.

"Come on, son. Come home with daddy." Luka's biological father said and grabbed him by the shirt and started to pull the paralyzed teen out the door. But Pierce turned wolf and ran after them and tried attacking Luka's biological father but he moved quickly and used Luka as a human shield. "Try attacking me, you hurt him." He growled.

Luka looked at Pierce with wide eyes. Pierce turned back into human form. "You don't deserve Luka. You hurt him." Pierce hissed. Luka's biological laughed. "Well I've changed. I've been looking for my son for the last two years." He lied. Other than beating Luka, he used him for other, more unspeakable things. That's probably what he wanted Luka for since his mother had died.

Olivia came running out, crying. "Give him back! Give my brother back!" Olivia said and ran to Luka and his father. "Olivia no!" Luka and Pierce yelled at the same time. Luka's father turned wolf and was about to charge at Olivia. But Luka changed and jumped onto his father. His nails tore into his father and he bit and wrestled with his father to no end.

Both wrestling men changed back, Luka on top of his bleeding father. "Finally had the courage to attack? How funny." His father laughed when his body started to heal. "You tried killing my sister! You bastard! I won't let you hurt me or my family again!" Luka yelled in his face and changed back wolf and bit his father's head off.

Pierce grabbed a hold of Olivia right before Luka did so and turned her away from them before she could see what happened. Cordelia had regained conscious and ran outside and saw Luka change back into human form. Luka stared at the headless body under him.

"Luka." Cordelia called and ran to him to pull him to his feet but Luka felt weak in the knees and started to fall but Cordelia caught him. "Honey." She said and tried to pull his attention from his dead father but he kept looking at the body. "Luka. Honey. Look at me." Cordelia whispered. Luka snapped his attention to her. He couldn't believe what he just did. He just killed someone. Killed his abuser and someone with the same blood as he. But his father was about to attack Olivia.

"He.. he was going to kill Liv. I.. I didn't.. I didn't mean to... oh my stars." Luka said and set a hand to his forehead. "Shh. Shut up." Cordelia said and held him close to her. "I just killed someone." Luka said, the shock still not allowing the last five minutes not to settle in.

Olivia wiggled out of Pierce's arms and ran over to Cordelia and Luka. She gripped his leg and cried against him. Luka blinked a few times before looking down at her. "Liv." He said and reached down to pick her up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hid her face in his neck. Cordelia hugged the both of them. "I think you two had way too much excitement tonight to last you both the rest of your lives." Cordelia told them. The triplets were crying out so Pierce decided to walk back inside and tend to them.

"I don't think I can sleep for awhile after I just did that." Luka gulped. Cordelia led the two into the house. "Actually, I think I want to sleep this off." Luka said and carried Olivia into his room and set her on his bed and he shushed the boys to sleep while Pierce tended to Rosalia.

"Luka?" Olivia asked. Luka looked over to her. "Who was he?" She asked him. Luka shook his head and walked over to her. "Someone who hurt me a long time ago. He wasn't the nicest. I thought he died awhile ago." He whispered. "Just.. sleep. Okay? I'm right here." Luka said and laid down next to her and rubbed her back until she slept. Then he slowly fell asleep too.