10

solàna cooper

Solàna sat across from her best friend, Tylee-Andrea. She sipped her iced coffee and snuck a peek at her friend. 

Andrea was leaned over the counter of the coffee shop they had come to. Her face marked focus as she doodled something in her notebook.

"Why are you so quiet? Is it a new cartoon character?" Solàna leaned over the table to look at Andrea's notebook. 

"Yeah. I think I might name her Sol." Solàna unveiled the character. Sol had Solàna's pale eyes and light brown skin. A gold halo circled Sol's curly black hair.

"She's an angel?" Solàna stuck out her bottom lip. She was far from angelic. She wasn't satanic. But... imperfect like the rest of the world. 

Andrea nodded and sipped her hot chocolate. "You and Myla saved me from complete misery and loneliness. So I consider y'all to be my guardian angels."

Solàna felt her heart flutter. "Awww.... Drea. You're going to make me cry. And you know I've been feeling out of sorts this past week or so."

Andrea set her mug down. She contemplated questioning Solàna's odd behavior. But she decided against it. If Solàna had an issue, she most likely would come to her for help.

"You can ask me what's wrong, Drea. I won't lie."

Andrea shook her head. "I don't want to bring it up if it's bothersome to you."

Solàna smiled. Andrea was constantly thinking of others. "It's fine. I have a friend. He's been ignoring me for the past two weeks. I'm wondering what I should do about him."

Just as she finished her sentence, her phone rang. As Solàna saw the contact, anger rose up in her chest. How dare he call her now?

"You aren't going to answer it?" Andrea asked innocently.

Solàna scoffed. "This is the guy I was talking about. He wants to talk to me now? After two weeks! I am not someone you can hit up whenever!"

Andrea snickered. "Weren't you just asking for my advice on how to address the situation? You must really care about him. I swear you pay attention to no guys."

Solàna huffed. "The guys at St. Peter's are either in relationships or want me for the wrong reasons."

Andrea nodded her head in agreement. "Talk to him. Maybe he was busy and forgot.He is allowed to have a life too." 

Solàna hummed and took a long sip of her drink. She decided against answering Namjoon's calls for a while. If he wanted to be petty, she could be pettier. 

---

Solàna found herself in the comfort of her kitchen the next morning. Namjoon had texted her the night prior and had called twice. Solàna couldn't bring herself to answer the calls or text messages. 

She wasn't hungry enough for an entire meal, so Solàna snacked on crackers and cheese. 

Namjoon sent her another text.

Pick up... Please

He called shortly after.

Solàna answered.

"Hello?"

"Finally! Solàna, it's me Namjoon."

She rolled her eyes. "I am well aware."

"I missed you."

Solàna had no response.

"Come see me."