Soulless

I could barely sleep with all the thoughts running through my head, specifically of all the things I'd never get to do. I tried not to think about it but I couldn't help myself. Chris and I spoke about having a kid for so long that the realisation that we couldn't felt like a stab to the throat. When I finally got myself up, I helped myself to Ryan's clothes, stealing a pair of jeans and a black shirt with a white skeleton riding a skateboard on it with the words "ride or die" carved into the wood. It was pretty lame but the artwork was nice.
A minute after I slipped my shoes on, I heard a knock on the door.
'(Y/n)? It's Ryan, can I come in?'
'Yeah, 'course.' I sniffled, raising my palm to my eyes and wiping away the tears. He slowly crept into the room, gently shutting the door behind him before kneeling in front of me.
'You feeling alright?'
'Yeah, I'm fine...are we there yet?'
'Yeah, everybody else is getting ready to leave. You don't have to go, I'd be happy to take you to the hotel.'
'Rye, it's fine. Today is for you, don't worry about me.' I smiled through obvious tears, hoping it'd somewhat comfort him.
'...the thing is, I don't think I can do it...'
'Of course you can, you're the strongest person I know.'
'I just...don't want the other guys to come. I don't want to disappoint them, or you...' He admitted, plopping down on his butt and leaning back. 'If I go back there...that demon...or whatever devil I made that deal with will come back...and I'll have to kill them. I get...scary...when I'm hunting things.' He frowned, raising his hand up to his messy brown hair. '...my teeth grow...these...big horns sprout out from the sides of my head...and the floor beneath my feet turns into fire...' he paused, pressing his lips together before continuing. 'It...scares me...I don't know why I turn into that...thing...but-'
'Rye, it's fine...If you want, I'll go with you...just me.' I offered, reaching forward and planting my hand down on his shoulder. He looked up at me, genuine tears welling in his eyes as though he was about to lose himself to whatever creature haunted him.
'...okay...'

'Rye Bread! Come on!''Hold on!' I shouted back to my friend, following her through the brightly lit streets of Tokyo

'Hold on!' I shouted back to my friend, following her through the brightly lit streets of Tokyo. It was a sight, beautiful advancements in technology surrounding us wherever we went.
Studying in a prestige private school meant I was able to go on overseas trips practically every month. This time, we went to Japan. There wasn't much reason for it, I only tagged along to keep an eye on her. The teachers were never sure what to do when he has seizures and so they asked me to come along.
Elizabeth.
That was her name.
'Rye! Come on!'
'Elizabeth! Don't run off!' She bolted through the streets, waving hello to people and dodging the cars that zoomed past as she ran across the street. I was panting and sweaty due to how long I had been chasing her. It felt like hours, but my watch told me that I'd only been running for ten minutes. I slipped through the line of cars, finally catching her and grabbing her wrist. I pulled her back against me, causing her to thud against my chest. She was so cold, I was almost afraid that she was a corpse. 'Don't run off, El...'
'S-Sorry...' She muttered, turning around and pressing her hands against my chest. She stared up at me, a strong blush running across her cheeks before I stepped back, letting her go.
'Your face is red. Come on, let's go back to the hotel and ask for your nurse.'
'No...I wanna go see the sights...'
'At least let me get the nurse.'
'No, I just wanna go with you.'
'El-'
'I don't want anyone else around. I just want you now come on!' She shouted, clutching onto my shirt and dragging me down the street, accidentally bumping into a few people on the way. My Japanese wasn't too good so El mostly apologised for me.