o n e

NATALIA

I walk out my empty household, heading to school. Not to mention in the summer.

Yes, my very own mother had sent me to summer school. All because I had 58 in math.

A 58 isn't that bad, right?

I groan at the thought of having to go back to school instead of spending my first day of summer watching movies or listening to music and just dancing ridiculously inside the comfort of my own room.

I walk up the steps. The steps that lead to hell, of course. Opening the door as slow as I can.

"Ms. Clyde? Late on the first day?!" I was startled.

"My alarm didn't go off." I give my principal, Mr. Caves, a small grin to hide the fact that I had lied to him. He began another sentence, but I walked off not wanting to hear what else he had to say.

I pushed the door open with my legs and walked into the classroom I was assigned and walked past my math teachers desk, hearing her whisper under her breath "Great, the reincarnated devil has arrived"

I let out a small smirk remembering all the trouble I had caused in this class the past year.

"Natalia, do you have a late slip?" Mrs. Bowman questioned me.

"Does it look like I have one?" The small class all 'ooh-ed"

"I don't want to send you to the office, I suggest you cool down your tone."

"Mhm, sure." I turn my head to look outside. I concentrate on this one boy that seems to be playing outside. His curly hair bouncing as he runs around with a few more boys.

The math teacher started to hand out a worksheet, I, of course, was the last to get it. She had given us 10 minutes to complete it, but I was too busy staring at that boy and didn't bother.

"Clyde!" She yelled out.

"What the hell do you want?"

"That's the last straw. Step out of the room and make your way into the office, Natalia."

I stood up and didn't bother to speak anymore. I walked out of the building, ignoring the fact that I was supposed to go to the principal's office.

I sat down on a bench and took my phone out. I put my earbuds in and just took in the scenery. I don't want to be known as the bad kid, but I truly hate the school system and don't want to 9attention.

I stayed there for a good 30 minutes until I hear the sound of a stampede running and opening the entrance of the school. A taller looking kid with black shaggy hair sat next to me. He didn't speak, and I appreciated that. I hate small talk.

I saw the kid from before walking towards me, and I felt my heartbeat speed up. "Hey, Finn lets go!" He shouted, disappointing me.

The boy that once sat next to me was now gone, with a small group of teenage boys.

I shook my head and got up, finally deciding to get home before someone finds out where I was supposed to be.

-

(A/N) okay, this was actually so bad oml. I didn't know how to start off this book honestly. My ideas turn out better in my head, but anyways I tried.

WORD COUNT : 560