deux → the goblet of fire

LEE HAD ACCOMPANIED HIS two best friends into the hall which the Goblet Of Fire was placed. Fred and George were convinced they an aging potion would work to get over the age line that Dumbledore had drawn, but it obviously wouldn't. Lee hadn't said a thing to them, he knew the aftermath would be absolutely hilarious. So, he just let this happen.

Lee was hoping the Corinne would be in there with her friends or something, waiting to see who was going to put their names into the Goblet. He hoped he'd be able to shoot her a little look, and to get those brown eyes of her to glow and have her grin at him.

        He liked it when she looked at him. It was like... he was happiest around her. And e fact that she merely would look at him and smile would make his heart jump a mile. Godric, the boy spoke to her once, and he felt crazy. The little looks they'd shoot each other in the halls or during dinner. He enjoyed them a whole ton.

        When Lee had entered that room, she was the first thing he saw. She was with her friends, one who knew who went by the name of Fleur. He knew Fleur had entered her name into the tournament, and that she was quarter veela. Lee still thought Corinne was more beautiful, though.

The two made the longest eye-contact from a distance Lee had ever been in. He could just feel Fred and George laughing beside him. Man, did Lee want to slap those two right now.

Before Corinne looked away, she gave him the cutest smile that Lee had ever seen, and went back to conversing with Fleur and her others friends.

Merlin, Lee just wanted to speak to her. That was it.

--

Corinne looked to Fleur, who seemed to be very smug at the moment. She was looking at Lee, who was still looking at Corinne with a small smile on his face, but he looked away quickly before the two ginger boys started to punch him like crazy. Corinne turned her head to look at him once more, but looked back to Fleur as quick as she could.

"Who iz 'ee?" Fleur had asked, in her thick French accent.

"Oh, just a boy," Corinne said nonchalantly, "his name's Lee. He's really nice."

        "'Ee iz very good looking," Fleur pointed out, looking back at Lee.

        Corinne turned around and looked at Lee, "yeah, I guess that's true. He is kind of cute."

       "Kind of?" A girl sitting up on a bleacher higher than the two laughed, "Corinne, you have to admit he's a solid nine and three quarters," her name was Amélie, and she was sort of ignorant sometimes. But if you get past that, she's really nice.

       "Okay, yeah, you're right," Corinne laughed, her cheeks turning a bit pink.

        "Do you like 'im?" Fleur asked.

        "I've spoken to him once—"

        And before Corinne could finish her sentence, the two ginger boys who were friends with Lee had come back into the hall, Lee slowly trailing behind whilst the two ran up to the goblet cheering as loud as possible. Corinne knew they were the same age as her; sixteen. Which meant they were too young to enter their name, but here they are, with parchment in their one hand and a little vile in the other.

        Corinne rolled her eyes, and made eye-contact with Lee once again. He grinned at her, shaking his head. Corinne smiled back, and continued to watch the ginger twins run towards the age line. Before crossing it, the two intertwined arms and downed the whole vile of whatever was in their hands. Probably and aging potion. They stood there for a moment, and then hopped over the line without any issues.

        Everyone began to cheer, and they seemed very happy. They then threw their pieces of parchment into the goblet, and nothing happened but the blue fire getting a bit larger, then going down. The two cheered again, but then the fire got larger and larger. All of a sudden, they were thrown out of the age line and were laying flat on the ground.

        Corinne stifled a laugh, and when the two sat up they had long grey hair and beards. They seemed very angry with each other.

        "You said!" One shouted.

        "...You said...!" The other growled. Then they pounced onto each other and started to fight.

        A huge circle of kids formed around them. Corinne stood up, and gave a small wave to her Beauxbatons friends and maneuvered her way through the crowd to get to Lee. He was close to the front, laughing at his two idiotic friends fighting.

       Corinne stood next to him, "what are their names?" She whispered into his ear.

        "Fred and George. Been friends with them for years," Lee whispered back, his goofy grin not leaving his face.

        "I hope they don't mind if I get them mixed up when I'm around... they look very similar," Corinne said, looking at his grin, which made a smile appear on her face.

        "They're twins, they get it a lot," Lee shrugged. "And what do you mean when you're around? Are you going to try and talk to me more?"

        "Maybe," Corinne said, once again, nonchalantly.

        "Well, I'll get you acquainted once this is settled, then," Lee said, looking back at the fighting boys.

        Right when Corinne was about to respond, Dumbledore entered the hall and everyone went silent.

        Let's say, Dumbledore had escorted them out into the corridor, and was very amused with the two of them.