Chapter 16: His dreams.

A/N: im not pressuring you guys to vote, but why is no one voting?? you say its good, but no votes?? it makes me sad :(

Erik has been having some weird dreams. Mostly about Lauren and her cat. Sometimes about the woods. But mostly her.

Its almost midnight, and Erik is shot. He is unimaginably tired, and his legs drag behind him as he sinks into bed. The windows are open and the wind blows in from the outside. Its cold and fresh, which is one of his favorite smells.

His eyelids grow heavy. He pulls the covers over him and falls asleep. Curtains grab at him from the wind, but they just brush his skin when they touch. Little does he know that Lauren is also dreaming with him.

"Erik wake up. Wakey wakey! Wake up!" A voice yells. Erik's body forces him to open his eyes. It is, of course, Lauren. He sits up and she's sitting on his bed. Her legs are crossed and her hands are folded on her lap. "What is it Lauren..." He yawns and rubs his eyes. "Do you want to get married?" That questions stings his ears. His cheeks turn a shade of red. "What? Wait... What?!" Doesn't she despise him for him taking her away? Now here she is asking if he wants to marry her? She nods. "Why? Do you not want to? Crescent wants us to!" Laurie pulls her cat up out of now where and holds it up to Erik. "She loves you even after you did to her. Don't forget that." The cat says. He squirms in his bed and she lowers the feline. "It spoke!" She looks at her cat. "Sure he can meow, but not speak! Silly Erik...So what'll be?"

Does he want to marry her?.... Yes. But that's besides the point! "Lauren I love you, but you don't want to marry me..." And with that, Crescent hops out of her arms and sits infront of him. "Listen to me, and listen well. When this woman tells you something, you have to hear it. In order to find the key to her heart, you must first find where it lies. In this case, its in you." Erik blinks a few times and covers his face, frantically trying to wake himself up. "This is a dream. But don't forget what I have told you. Im a very smart cat you know."

He shoots up in a cold sweat. "Talking cat, Lauren wanting to marry me, was that a nightmare, or am I being irrational?" He says to himself. He puts a hand on his forehead and sighs. "I should just go back to sleep..." Doesn't he know that when he sleeps, he has more possibly weird dreams? Ugh. Silly Erik.

A large Oak tree stands tall on the edge of a cliff. The ocean grumbles as the waves toss its water up above. Erik is sitting against the tree, enjoying the scenery. His canine, Beast, is curled up beside him. A distant voice comes from the distance. It sounds like Lauren... And she's singing. He wakes up Beast and quickly follows the voice. He finds Lauren by a pond with a small Cocker Spaniel puppy, and she's singing to it? "You are my world, my darling.... What a wonderful world I see... You are the song Im singing, you're my beautiful Melody!" She sings to the pup and his heart melts. She stops humming and looks to Erik. She stands and scurries away into the trees. "Wait, Lauren!" He tries runs after her, but the trees are tangled and keeps him away from her.

She disappears and her singing follows. Beast barks and sits down. "She's gone." The dog spoke. Again with the talking house pets? He looks down at him with no surprise. "I know... I wonder where she went." He sighs and the canine looks up at him. "Did Crescent already speak to you?" Erik feels a shred of uneasiness run up his spine. "Yes. How do you know that?" The dog walks back to the pond. "Lucid dreaming is weird, my friend. Anything can happen." He follows him to the pond, and sits on a rock. "Does she love me?" The Phantom asks. Beast nods. "I hear her talk about it all the time. You should get her a puppy like the one she was holding. Then you could hear her sing when you aren't dreaming." He feels very weird talking to his dog, and now he's saying to get her a puppy? "Oh and Erik." Erik looks at him.

"Its time to wake up."

Erik wakes up and hunches over. Beastly is sitting on the edge of his bed, wide awake. "How the hell did you immerse your way into my head dog..." He runs a hand through his hair and stands to look out the curtains. It's decently light outside, but its raining bullets. He simply closes the curtains and goes into the hall way. The humming from his dream now becomes a reality. Lauren is humming the song, so Erik creeps over to her room. She's brushing her hair and humming that beautiful song. The brush glides through her thick black hair, and he has the urge to run his hands through it. When she stops brushing and humming, he panics and runs out into the hallway. She stands up and pokes her head out. "Bonjour Erik!" She says with a smile. He looks over at her and pretends he wasn't just watching her brush her hair like a creep. "Oh bonjour Lauren. How did you sleep?"

The dream she had hours earlier comes back to her. Her face turns pink and she nods. "Well. And you?" He looks distraught as well. "I slept fine." They are both silent for about 15 seconds.

"Breakfast?"
"Yes please."