Dueling Spirit- Chapter 1

As much as you didn't want to admit it, as the ship reached Duel Academy Island, the sea breeze blowing through your (h/c) hair, and you saw it for the first time, you thanked your mother in your head for bugging you until you finally applied. Stepping off and heading towards the main building, you and the other new students were corralled through the admission process before receiving a welcome address from Chancellor Sheppard. Looking around at the other new arrivals, you saw a boy with short black hair and blue eyes a few rows behind you, the both of you in your new Ra yellow blazers. Over in the section with the Slifer Red students, you saw two guys fast asleep, one with brown hair and the other with green hair, already getting sinister looks from Dr. Crowler. As the Chancellor finished his speech, you and the other students started to file out of the hall; you were halfway to the door when you felt a hand on your shoulder. When you turned around you saw Chancellor Sheppard himself.

"You're (f/n) (l/n), am I right?" He said

"Yes sir." You answered, "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Just wanted to meet you myself, and a few other members of our staff wish to extend the same courtesy. You won't be late for the welcome banquet if that's what you're so worried about." He said with a chuckle

Wading back through the crowd, you joined the chancellor in a small circle along with Dr. Crowler, a thin man with long hair and glasses who addressed himself as Dr. Banner and an older gentleman, Professor Satyr, the head of the Ra dormitory just as the last of the students filed out of the room.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes," Dr. Banner began, "Your application was very peculiar in some regards. Now, I have been studying the history of Duel Monsters for years and have only scratched the surface, and yet you can apparently commune with Duel Spirits?"

You had a feeling what this was about as you sighed and nodded. Duel Spirits were only a myth to the general population but you've had this connection ever since you were little. You scared your mother on more than one occasion when you were younger but you've learned to control your abilities and even learned to cooperate with some of them as you explained this to the faculty. Sheppard and Banner had small smiles on their faces, but Crowler was as stone-faced as he was when you started.

"I respect your studies Dr. Banner, but I am of the mind that would like to see some concrete proof."

You stayed silent as you pulled a deck of cards from one of your belt cases. Filing through them, you pulled out one card and showed it to the faculty: Kuriboh. Laying it face-up in your hand and holding your other hand over it, you concentrated as the card began to glow. Rising from your palm you opened your hands and the teachers saw the art of the card fade to white and a ball of light come out of the card, soon expanding and dimming out to reveal a little brown ball of fur with green claws and big purple eyes floating in front of you. Dr. Banner had a smile from ear to ear as the little monster floated around him and Dr. Crowler.

"Concrete enough for you Dr. Crowler?" You asked as the teacher nodded and Kuriboh nuzzled your cheek before dissolving into yellow flakes of light, the card art returning soon after.

"Now (y/n), we aren't going to have any incidents in the dorm, are we?"Professor Satyr spoke up

"No sir, though I may be training at nights away from everyone."

"Training?" Dr. Crowler asked

"It's in his file, and I'll bring campus security up to speed. That's all for now; have a good night everyone." Chancellor Sheppard said as he and the other teachers took their leave while you headed to the Ra dorms. Walking through the halls, you passed by a group of three girls wearing the Obelisk blue blazers. One had gray hair, the other a dark orange, but it was the blonde that caught your eye. It was only for an instant but your eyes met and time almost froze, you smiled, tilted your head to crack your neck and nodded as you moved on to reach the dorms.