Chapter 1

You never really liked the taste of blood, but as you had come to accept that you needed it to survive, you learned to drink the not so palatable substance. You looked in the mirror after your feeding session with your latest victim. Your once (h/c) hair had turned impossibly black and dull from your dastardly curse, and your once beautiful (e/c) eyes had gone blood red for the same reason. You of course, compensated for these things. With some hair dye, contacts, and a little makeup you where able to easily cover these features until you had to feed again next month. Your stomach sank at the thought of having to lure another girl to your room and force yourself to have sex with her. It was much easier to cut them open if they where asleep though, and you'd be lying if you said you weren't retaining energy from it. You wished you could bring yourself to do the same with a man, but every time you tried, you could never finish the job. You felt wrong doing it to someone who could have been a potential love interest for you. So you would always target women. You couldn't even remember how old you where. 357?424? You looked (y/a), and you usually just said you where 19. You, of course, had a small group of friends. You attended a pretty decent school and everyone in the area just called it "the garrison". You had all the time in the world to study, literally, so getting in wasn't to difficult once you got your fake papers. You had to get those every 20 or so years. Faking your death was the worst part to you personally. You always had to make the body unsalvageable; whether that meant joining the military and going "missing in action" even though you actually just left your station when most where sleeping and slipped into the shadows; Or you would also try out a faked kidnapping every once in a while. Fuck up your apartment, walk into the woods in the middle of the night, and come out as a different person. That also meant that you had to move a lot. Going to school tended to keep people from asking the big questions. What's your job? What do you want to do when you're older? Who's your girlfriend? You always shuddered at the thought of the third one, but you simply brushed all of those questions off, saying you preferred focusing on your studies. Washing up was easy normally, all you had to do was file down your teeth and dye your hair the night before and usually you would be fine. But your horns started growing back in this time, and you knew you couldn't let people see them. It was hard to pull your horns out before they grew back out at least half way, and you preferred Just cutting them, but today was different. For some reason your horns where black instead of their usual dull brown. They wouldn't budge either, so you just put on a beanie and dealt with it. Your least favorite part of getting ready was the tail. Sensitivity made it impossible for you to remove it, so you had to wrap it around your waist every day. Today you knew you would feel quite spritely so you put on jeans and a belt over it to contain your tail. You mumbled to yourself as you knelt down by the naked woman's corpse, grumbling about how you could dispose of her. You decided to dissolve her in acid, saving a few organs in an ice box to be made into what looked like human food or to be sold on the magic black market for human blood later. You went back to the restroom and examined your bare back. "No nubs yet" you smiled softly. You hated cutting your wings off almost as much as you hated your tail. It always felt awful, and getting help with it was extremely difficult. You where covered in the usual, hickeys and scratches. You never understood the purpose of these markings, maybe because when it came to actually enjoying sex, you where quite the novice; despite needing it almost more than blood to survive. You got your bag and shuffled off to school, deciding to take a bus there rather than walking. You put on a wireless headset, glancing down at your phone and putting on some music to let the time pass you by. You closed your eyes and listened to the tune, tapping your thumbs against the back of your phone while you did. Just as the song ended, the bus stopped and you got off, walking the rest of the way to your school. On your way there you heard a familiar voice. It sounded like.. hunk? Hunk trying to run. Hunk trying to run and very much failing. You turned around and smiled to him. "Hey hunk!" You called out to him as he speed jogged up to you, panting. "H-hey.." he put his hands on his knees and took a deep breath. "W-we're la..." he mumbled. "What?" You tilted your head slightly, confused. "WE'RE LATE!!" He shouted and started 'running' again. You looked at the time and tensed immediately. "FUCK" you started running with hunk, just barely making it inside with him before the doors locked automatically.
          After getting chewed out by your professor for interrupting class, you decided to sit in the back. No one sat back there since kogane dropped out, so you just took his seat and doodled in your sketchbook for the majority of class. You had a dorm on campus, but you preferred staying in your apartment when you needed to feed. It was easier to clean up and be alone when you did. You would occasionally stay at the school dorms though, which allowed you to not have to put to much effort into getting to a bed. Today was a 'I just need a bed' day. After eating the cafeteria food and picking up your icebox, you flopped onto your bed with your eyes shutting as soon as your head hit the pillow. Of course, your slumber was interrupted by a certain Cuban boy. "(Y/n)..?" You heard him whisper. You got up groggily and opened the door. "Wat" you grumbled and he immediately perked up. "I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out on the town with hunk, Pidge and I. We where gonna meet some nice ladies, maybe have a few drinks~" you shuddered. "I've had my fill." You seethed and showed him your neck. "But a drink sounds nice right now, I'll grab my bag" you picked up your backpack and a sweatshirt, slapping your beanie back on and walking out the door. (Thank god it was to dark for him to see your horns) "Why are you guys even sneaking around? And where's Pidge?" Hunk spoke up. "We're not technically supposed to be leaving, and Pidge went to the roof so we're gonna get him" you nodded and walked through the halls with them up to the roof. Lance leaned in close to Pidge, gently lifting a headphone "you come here to rock out?" You chuckled as you watch the boy jump frantically and panic, but immediately calm down the second he realized it was just Lance. You decided to sit next to Pidge, watching the stars rather than watching the trio bicker. You thought about the sky for a while, almost completely zoning out when you heard what sounded like.... an asteroid..? No, a ship, and DEFINITELY not a human one. You saw it crash into an open field at the edge of the desert and turned to your friends who where already getting up to check it out. You smiled, glad that you wouldn't be going there alone, and ran there with the group. When the group finally reached a small cliff by the landing site, you could physically feel your whole body tighten. Pidge hacked a camera in the makeshift tent already set up by the garrison and gasped when she saw what was in there. Lance tensed. "Is that... Takashi Shirogane?" You looked over to the trio, confused. Hunk spoke up to fill you in. "He went missing on the Kerberos mission, they where meant to collect ice samples on the satellite but the report said they crash landed.." Pidge seemed ecstatic. "We have to save him, there's no way they'll discharge him after coming back in an alien ship with a robotic arm and a potential immunity to foreign outlandish diseases foreign to our species" you nodded, almost wanting to shrug the comment off since you've never even gotten sick before. "Alright, we need a distraction" Pidge spoke as he typed. Then there was an explosion. "Looks like that was already done for us" lance chuckled. A mysterious figure pulled up by the tent. "Who's that?" Pidge furrowed his brow. "Keith" lance growled and rand down. "Who?" You all questioned. "KEITH" he shouted. "How do you know?" You started walking after him. "I'D RECOGNIZE THAT MULLET ANYWHERE" you chuckled at the comment and jogged down. The others simply shrugged and followed suit. When you fishy got into the tent is when you really saw him. He looked... familiar... and hot. REALLY HOT. "Nununununo uh uh nope I'M saving Shiro." Lance growled at the raven haired boy, lifting Shiro's other arm. "And who are you?" Keith spat back. "Uh, the name's Lance" even you could feel lance staring a hole into Keith. It felt almost like sexual tension. You chuckles at the thought and spoke without thinking "hey, can you guys be gay later? We need to go" Keith tensed at your words and gave you the most menacing look you had ever seen. You immediately shut your mouth and walked outside, dining yourself face to face with a soldier. Without thinking (again) you head butted them and punched them in the gut. "Woah, nice one (y/n)!" Pidge patted your back. You felt kinda cool, but then you got clocked in the jaw and the feeling subsided pretty quickly. Hunk grabbed you and yanked you onto a strange but also cool bike just as it took off. You shook your head and cling to the person nearest to you, which happened to be lance. "Well hay there~" he chuckled and you shuddered. "Touch me and I eat you" you snapped back, not in the mood for his bisexual bullshit (ba dum ch) and tried your best to hold onto him. Keith was a terrible driver. You where positive that he didn't have a license, and driving off a cliff kind of hinted at that for you. It felt like hours before your feet touched the ground again. Hunk threw up obviously, and you thought you would too. "Damn bitch you live like this?" You looked at the shack and found yourself chuckling at lance's comment. Pidge walked inside and set his bag down by the door, you ended up doing the same before helping Keith and lance carry Shiro inside. You found yourself laying down next to Shiro on the small futon, and everyone else seemed to follow suit without thinking. Before you knew it you where surrounded by sleeping guys, some removing their shirts before falling asleep (yourself included), and today was the worst day possible for you to go commando.