Chapter 8

A week went by when Luka had run away. Cordelia and Pierce searched within a fifteen mile radius for him but nothing. So they pretty much had to sit at home, and wait until the pack warriors could find him. Olivia was a nonstop mess. She wouldn't eat, sleep, nor stop her fits of crying whenever anyone uttered her older brother's name.

"If Ivan didn't show up." Cordelia growled. Pierce sighed and hugged Cordelia. "As much as I want to blame Ivan for everything, but Luka still carries the guilt of doing something like that." Pierce told her. She sighed. "I know. I wish he would forgive himself though. It wasn't truly his fault. I mean yeah, he should've been properly trained on how to control his shifting and wolf but they were all accidents."

Olivia sat near the window, hoping her brother would soon come back. She sat at that window nearly every chance she got since she started schooling. But nothing. No sign of her best friend ever coming back. She lost almost ten pounds that she couldn't afford to lose since she was only forty-three pounds before she lost the ten pounds.

"Baby. You gotta eat." Cordelia said as she tried giving Olivia some soup. Olivia shook her head no. "Olivia. Eat. Come on." Cordelia said, trying to force feed Olivia but Olivia just moved away from Cordelia. "I don't wanna eat, mommy." She said and hid her face in her knees. "Olivia. You need to. He'll come back soon enough." Cordelia told her.

Rosalia came into hers and Olivia's room and hopped up in the window next to Olivia before she pushed her way onto Olivia's lap and cuddled into her older sister. Rosalia and the boys were told that Luka had to take some time to himself and that Olivia was just sick. But Rosalia was smarter than that. She knew that for whatever reason Luka left, Olivia missed him dearly. And that's why she was loosing weight and not sleeping.

Cordelia sighed and set the soup bowl down on the desk in their room. "You don't want to eat. Fine. Whatever. But if he comes back to see you like this, what do you think he'll say?" Cordelia asked Olivia. Olivia shrugged. "I don't know, mommy." She sighed, still looking out the window. "He'd probably tell you the same exact thing I am. That you need to eat." Cordelia told her. "But what if he doesn't come back?" Olivia said, hugging Rosalia to her chest.

Cordelia sighed and got up from the chair she was sitting in. "I know he will." Cordelia said and walked out of their bedroom and out to her room. Pierce looked up at her from his book. He set it down and got up. "She won't eat. She won't budge from that window long enough for me to throw her in the shower. The only thing she'll come out for is too pee and grab water." Cordelia said, tears brimming her eyes.

Pierce gently grabbed her face with his hands. "I'm sorry, babe. I know it's hard." He whispered and gently kissed her. "I just want him home soon." Cordelia sighed as the tears rolled down her face. "I feel like I did something wrong." Cordelia gulped. "You didn't do anything wrong, Dels. It was my fault. I should've turned around when I had the chance. But I let Ivan get to his head." Pierce said.

Pierce pulled her into a hug. "Luka's still young at heart. And takes things too seriously. But I just stood there, letting Ivan say stuff. I should've told him to can it or leave before he hurt anyone or said something." He sighed. "Should've slapped him in his face." Pierce huffed.

The front door opened and closed. Pierce and Cordelia walked out into the living room and saw a dirty Luka accompanied by a pack warrior. "Oh my stars. Luka!" Cordelia cried out and hugged him tightly. "We found him at his old pack just sitting in the middle of it." The pack warrior said. "Oh my darling boy. I'm so sorry." Cordelia said, nearly in tears. Olivia slowly popped her head out of her door. "Mommy? Daddy?" Olivia asked. Pierce looked over at her with a smile. "Come here, Liv." Pierce said and reached his hand out to her. Olivia came over and gasped. "Luka!" She cried.

"Liv. Oh, Liv I'm so sorry." He said and knelt down and grabbed a hold of Olivia. "Liv. I'm so sorry." He cried. "I missed you." Olivia cried on his shoulder. "Luka!" The triplets said in unison as they ran out of their rooms and gathered around Luka and Olivia. They all piled on top of him.

Luka looked at Olivia and frowned. "What?" Olivia asked. Luka reached up to Olivia's cheek and could easily feel the bones in her face. He saw the dark circles under her eyes. "You haven't been sleeping. Or eating, have you?" He asked her. She shook her head no. "That's not safe. Come on." Luka said, getting up and grabbing Olivia and taking her to the kitchen.