chapter 47

Kim’s P.OV

“Well maybe we don’t need to do this right now ok? I’ve done enough for one day” I listened carefully as Cheryl came through the door, still on her phone.

“OK, bye” she said quickly and hug up, shoving her phone back into her pocket and sitting n the couch, she sat down on the couch, still unaware that I was in the doorway, she sighed loudly running her hands through her hair and lay back closing her eyes.

“Long day?” I said walking in and she jumped up immediately.

“Jesus Kimberley!” She shouted holding her hand to her heart.

 “Sorry” I said, her voice a little angrier than necessary,

I sat down beside her and pulled her into me and she gripped onto my waist and sighed again, gently this time. I tightened my grip on her arm to let her know I was here and she nuzzled her head further into my chest. I started running my hand through her hair and kissed her head gently. We sat like that for a few minutes, in the silence, I held her for so long, until she moved and my body suddenly felt cold without her tied ti my side. She stood up and switched on the telly without a word and sat back down.I got up and went to the kitchen to make her tea when I heard her shuffle u behind me and wrap her arms around my waist and kissed the nape of my neck , I turned to face her and she quickly planted a kiss on my lips, wrapping my arms around her I pulled her body closer to me, tight so there was no gap and  she rested her hands around the bottom of my back, gripping my jumper as I deepened the kiss, I  pushed my tongue past her lips and she sucked in a breath.I pulled back after a moment and rested my forehead against her own and she smiled at me.

“I love you” She whispered

“I love you too” I said and left a small kiss on her forehead. She turned and walked away and when I followed her into the living room moments later she had put on the little mermaid.

“Really?” I said sitting beside her handing her mug.

“What? It’s beautiful?”

“The movie or prince Eric?” I joked shoving her. She tutted at me scrunching her nose up and turned back to the film.

“You know when I was younger, I wanted to marry him” She said and I sniggered.

“Chez it’s a cartoon” I said and she looked at me with horror.

“Hey! When I was six he was the hottest thing goin’, Actual boys had cooties” She winked and I laughed at her.

“I watched Les Mis when I was six” I said after a moment.She turned to me and let out a little laugh.

“Shut up, I was a boring child who watched old musicals”

“Awh babe I’m joking, your sad childhood is why I love you” she said kissing my cheek.

“It was not sad! It was just, tactful”

“Sad” She shot back with a cheeky grin on her face.

“Whatever!” I said pulling away from her side, she quickly put her mug down and pulled me back.

“Ah babe don’t leave us, I’m only messin’” She said pulling me back and giving me a tight hug, she placed a small kiss on my hair and let me go.

“Cheryl?” I said after a moment of silence.I thought maybe now would be a good time to ask her about the book.

“Yeah babe?” She answered, still watching the film.

“Do you wanna talk now?” I asked quietly.

“No, It’s alright”

“Cheryl-“